“dump” 2 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Camelot Inn
2508 E Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79104   |
Ranked #51 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Oakman, Alabama
“dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

we were on a cross country trip and of course we were looking for value, well we got value but a a price. this place is sleezy and the area is sketchy, i am glad we were on the front of the place. sketchy people around motel and I even placed a chair under the door knob for extra security. we definitely passed this place up on our return trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed in this place for a few months. It was the most expensive extended stay i had ever been in, but it was the cheapest in Amarillo, I thought. Talked to the owner, and he lowered my rate. When I called to reserve it, I was told it was $160 a week plus $10 for having a double, and $10 for each additional person. I had ever know for a hotel to charge for having two people in a double room??? My bill said $195 including tax which works out to the cost for one person and $15 hotel/rental tax. After a month, I was expecting my tax money back, but never received it. They said they never charge tax on weekly rates. I talked to some of the tenants, and we were all being charged different rates. There was even one hat was staying by himself in a single that was paying more than me. The $160 room does not exist except for certain types of "clients.". While there, I was approached my many prostitutes, harasses by the maintenance guy for asking the front desk to clean the coil on the AC unit that had about a quarter inch of caked on dust on it, had my tire flatten, and my spare stolen. The hall smells like urine, and you can find dog poop in the hall at times. I went home one time, and they did not reserve my room for me when I returned. They said the could not give me my room even though the other tenant had left because house keeping need to clean it. When I got in there, all the towel were wet, and you could tell they only fixed the bed. The pool has cigarette butts in it, and the pump does not work. After leavibg here, I found a hotel across the street called La Kiva. Daily it is more expensive, but weekly it is cheaper. If there is more than one person, it is even cheaper daily because they do not charge for additional guests. They have an indoor pool, hot tub, sanna, pool table, 80 and 90 arcade games, and a bar with a restaraunt. They also have hot breakfast. This place is 100 times nicer, and cheaper. DO NOT STAY AT THE CAMELOT UNLESS YOU ARE A THIEF, DRUG ADDICT/DEALER, OR PROSTITUE/JOHN!

Room Tip: Go to La Kiva. Better ammenities, service, and safer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bed was lower on one side. "Free" breakfast? Well you get what you pay for - TINY one bite cinammon rolls, which were a bit like hard sugar pellets. No amenities to speak of. You get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

nice place, I stayed here and it was cheap only 27.99 plus tax which was 32.19. The room was nice, simple, colorful, the staff was very friendly. The room had a small fridge but no microwave. nice place, I liked it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ times yearly. I have stayed here many times. The facilities are old but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is down-home-friendly. Plenty of parking for trucks/buses. Great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Portales, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! EVER STAY AT THE CAMELOT INN IN AMARILLO, TX!! It SHoULD BE CaLLED CRAP'O'LOT!!!! it is the most DISGUSTinG, most SMElLy, most DirTY hotel I have ever been in. Just walking in the hallway sTunK like urine and you could almost smell the meth baking all around you. The Rooms were BEYOND dirty!!! the dirt was layered on the ceilings, walls and floor. The rugs are covered in burn holes and smells badly. ALL the Walls and DOorS have BLACK smudge marks where people have touched with dirty hands. I dont think HOuSekEePing has EVER EVER cleaned the doors or walls. You can see MarKS were something had been split, hopefully just coke, running down the walls and on bathroom door. We ended up going to the gas station next door and buying bleach and baby wipes because the store did not have lysol and clorex wipes. and We CLEANED THE WHOLE ROOM OURSELVES. especially head boards, table tops, doors and light switches. The paint was PEeLinG off and wood splinting on the door. TV was going out so everything you watched had a greylike color with faded blues and greens. the WI FI would NOT stay connected. The pool was right outside our door and at the end of MAY had NOT been uncovered from the winter AND HAD BEER CANS AND MOLD all over the cover. it smelled up the whole room if you opened the door for even a little while.( which we found this out because i used too much bleach) i felt like i was in danger the whole time i stayed there from being infected with something. NEVER NEVER NEVER!! EVER again. I should have risked the lost of 50.00. WORST NIGHT Ever!!!

Room Tip: "pay a little more and go somewhere else"
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was the 4th motel I stopped at looking for a reasonable rate room in this area. At $46 inc tax, this is an excellent room. Decent bed, clean shower, and a working TV. Front desk staff was friendly. Its an old motel, but when you just need a place to sleep while traveling, why pay $100 to $129 for 10 hours use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Camelot Inn? Share your experiences!