“A MUST for Man vs Food fans!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 424 restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Dallas, Texas
“A MUST for Man vs Food fans!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Even though I've lived in Texas my entire life, this was my first time to Amarillo. Being huge Food Network/Travel Fans, we were stoked to visit the very place that Adam Richman scarfed down the 72oz Steak Challenge in 30 minutes!

My husband had the Man V Food tribute meal & I had the fried shrimp. Dinner rolls were awesome and the margarita was super strong. Fun, friendly service and hopefully, you'll get to watch a steak challenge!

After your meal, check out the gift shop, complete with rattle snake in the back corner and Texas themed souvenirs for everyone on your list. Lots of cheesy fun photo ops outside. I can't seem to pass up sticking my head thru a wooden hole!

We visited in Dec, so we were unable to see the Texas shaped pool but maybe next time!

68% Recommend
Granbury, Texas
“free limo ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you stay in a motel in Amarillo the limo will pick you up and take you home
As other people have said the waitstaff are not that good, had to send my drink back and get the right one on the second try, my wife got the wrong drink but drank it anyway
The steak had good flavor but one end was thick and the other end was thin so the stake was med rare and well done, the sweet potato was really good
It cost $68.00 plus the tip and then the tip for the limo driver twice
We ate at the cotton patch last night all the same food cost $22.00
We went back there this time because we enjoyed it so much when we were there last year. Just was not the same

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was one of the best steak I have ever eaten I had t-bone and my husband had ribeye he didn't care for the potato salad but my meal was great very nice server clean bathroom we will be stopping bye there again

De Soto, Missouri
“Great food and experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our way through Amarillo and were a little cautious because of some of the bad reviews and the tourist trappy vibe you first get from our first look at the place, but that immediately went away when we went inside. We were seated immediately and our food came quickly and was exceptional. The best part was we decided to be brave and try the Rocky Mountain oysters they had on the menu. Not only were they really good, but the waiter an the busboy cheered on and congratulated my husband, as he was a little more nervous about the whole ordeal than I was, it was a great time! We also watched a teenage boy and a man try and do the infamous 72oz. Challenge, all that food, I'm glad I wasn't brave enough to try that one. The gift shop and arcade area were nicely done and fun to look around. Truly an experience that will stand out for me!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Best steak of our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We made sure we visited the Big Texan as part of our R66 journey after seeing the Man V Food programme and to be honest we were expecting some cheesy place.

Yes it does play on the old cowboy image but actually we thoroughly enjoyed it, the restaurant is huge but its done very well and looks the part. We were seated close to the grill and we enjoyed watching the steaks being cooked, especially the 72oz challenge ones, which we saw 4 blokes trying to compete in (all failed). We settled for probably the smallest steaks on the menu (fillets) but they were the tastiest steaks we've had in a long time, I would highly recommend them.

The staff weren't exactly great although the food made up for it. Our waiter was pleasant enough but sadly our order was taken by someone else and we had to wait an age for our food! luckily we passed the time watching some 72oz challengers. To make up for the wait we were sent away with the hugest portions of chocolate cake I've ever seen as an apology.

If you only visit Amarillo once its worth a visit, the motel surrounding it is done like a wild west street and their is a horse motel and typical gift shop to browse too.

All in all good fun, great food just dont expect massive points in customer service.

• Visited October 2013