“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Amarillo, Texas
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is very good, more Mexican than Tex-Mex, service is excellent, and the prices are very reasonable.

Visited February 2014

Texas
“Good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have consistently good food and service. Can be a little too loud for me at times. Lots of families and busy little kids

Visited February 2014
amarillo, tx
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Mexican food is always great, the portions are generous. The chili rellenos are the best in Amarillo. We've never had a bad meal or bad service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, Texas
“Good TEX MEX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am in Amarillo on business and had eaten at the one in Plainview and so I thought why not. The restaurant has a nice ambiance. The staff was very attentive. If you like Nacho's as a appetizer, this is the place. Made with the stringy cheese and cooked perfectly. The first night I had the Texas Enchilada's. The dish brought some very nice heat. The last two visits I just did the regular enchiladas. For TexMex, this is about as good as I have had. The chips were fresh and the salsa is a little interesting, but after tasting it you will want more.

So far the best Mexican (TexMex) I have had in Amarillo. .

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spicewood
“Maybe it was just a bad night...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am a business traveler who eats out 8-12 times a week. I ate at Leal's on the strength of their restaurant in Muleshoe. My experience at the Amarillo location was not good. My waitress took my order without writing it down. She had to come back to the table to re-confirm my order. When it came, it was completely wrong. In addition, I'd asked for some chopped onions, which didn't come, so I had to ask her a second time. When she returned, half-way between my meal asking if everything was OK, I told her that she got the order wrong, and politely suggested that, in the future, it might suit her and her customers well if she wrote down their orders. Instead of simply apologizing for the mistake, she said, "Do you want me to get my manager?" I politely said, "No, just want you to get your customers' orders correctly. As I checked out, the hostess asked if everything was OK, and I said, "No, there were some problems." The manager was standing there and he asked what was wrong. When I told him, he reflexively offered to comp my dinner, every restaurant manager's default way of dealing with an unsatisfied customer...simply buy off their silence. I demurred, and informed the manager that it was not the server's fault, it was the lack of training given her by the restaurant management, and I asked him if he agreed. He did. Food-wise, the Green Chili Queso was excellent, but nothing else was remarkable. I've eaten thousands of Tex-Mex meals, and this meal faded into an adobe wall of Tex-Mex taste-a-likes. I will not return.

• Visited January 2014