“The best Food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 424 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
“The best Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We love Bangkok Tokyo!!! My husband loves the Bangkok fried rice, I love everything I've had! Love thai noodle soup, pad thai, cashew chicken, it's all yummy. Great sushi too.

Amarillo, Texas
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

LIKE:
The owners are the cooks, wait-staff, and cashier. They do everything.
Dessert-Bangkok Moonlight.
The owners remember you second time you dine here (as well as your order).
Pad Thai Chow Wung, skip the regular Pad Thai
All the sushi is delicious.
All of the meals I have tried were delicious.

DISLIKES:
Nothing.

Visited May 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“A Gem of a place in West Amarillo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am not going to compare this adorable resto to other mulit-Asian places in larger cities. It is best to consider this place in the context in which it exists. Is Amarillo a cultural and culinary wasteland, I will leave that judgement up to you. But if you are looking for a very tastee dish of noodles with various Asian heritages, artfully presented and servers that are friendly and caring, then this place is a perfect choice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wish I could eat here every day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

From the moment I took a bite of the Pad Udon, I was hopelessly in love with this place. The food is outstanding. We had been hooked on the sushi from another restaurant in town, but after we tried the sushi at Bangkok Tokyo, we haven't been back to the other place once. The sushi here is incredibly fresh and flavorful, and the prices cannot be beat. We have been here dozens of times, tried many different dishes, and we just keep wanting more. The building is a hole in the wall, but that has never discouraged us. It is small and intimate. The owner, Damein, is always there. He's a very hard worker and seriously one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He will learn your name after a few visits, and will recognize you and call you by name each time you stop in. He is full of gratitude for every purchase you make there, whether it's a large to-go order, or just a Thai Iced Coffee to go. (You want to try the iced coffee - it is heavenly!) I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Ordinary food served in a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Menu us a mix if various Asian cuisines. Food was very ordinary. Single bathroom is found by escort through the kitchen. I guess few people wash their hands in Amarillo before they eat. Nothing spoke of cleanliness. The place left me wondering if there is even a health department in the city of Amarillo. Service was non-existent. Inexcusable for a very small restaurant. Definitely not worth the ranking. Stay away.