“Ordinary food served in a dump” 1 of 5 stars

2413 S Western St Unit A, Amarillo, TX 79109
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 429 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
“Ordinary food served in a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Menu us a mix if various Asian cuisines. Food was very ordinary. Single bathroom is found by escort through the kitchen. I guess few people wash their hands in Amarillo before they eat. Nothing spoke of cleanliness. The place left me wondering if there is even a health department in the city of Amarillo. Service was non-existent. Inexcusable for a very small restaurant. Definitely not worth the ranking. Stay away.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent Pad Woo Sen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travelled with my son for a month in Thailand and we got to enjoy the diversity of Thai cuisine. He later lived in Thailand for several months. I knew he had traveled through Amarillo a number of times, so I asked for a recommendation. He recommended this place highly. The owner is a charming Portuguese young man who responded positively to my request for a gluten free dish by suggesting Pad Woo Sen. Ordered that and a side of steamed vegetables. The food was tastefully presented and was delicious. I will have to try dishes from their Japanese menu, as I only looked at their Thai menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth
“Great place for Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are traveling across the country on a family trip and we found this place in tripadvisor. The inexpensive food was great and even our small kids (3,4,10) enjoyed it very much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hoped heard for more based on reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I moved from SoCal and am used to tons of reasonably good Thai, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese options from small family run businesses. My expectations of Asian food are probably a little higher than other people's. I have been looking for a Thai restaurant with lots of curry options: massuman, yellow, red, green, and panang not just "curry". This place has some options and is all right. The pineapple curry was ok. The spicy beef salad however, left something to be desired. I think this place is better than a lot of other Thai places around but still misses the mark.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Sashimi and Thai - don't be frightened off by the exterior!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Traveling across country on a family trip, we happened to stop at this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. Feeding my vegan daughter is always a challenge on the road and this was a definite win. Deep fried tofu for her, with a side of miso soup. I had delicious seaweed soup and miso. My husband shared the love sashimi plate which was a lot of fresh, delicious food. Our waiter was the owner and took great care of us. He rescued this dive and made it the well reviewed treasure it is today. A great find - we'll try it again on the way home.

• Visited July 2013