“BAD experience yesterday” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Childress, Texas
“BAD experience yesterday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wait staff FINALLY arrived at table (and they were NOT busy)! Brought silverware; FINALLY brought water w/lemon and I began to stir my water until I looked again at the FORK! DIRTY, NASTY - with food stuck and dried all over it!!!!!!!!! Needless to say - I asked for new water and new silverware. AGAIN - DIRTY food stuck and dried on the fork AND knife. THIRD time - I think I got clean ones. Then they brought out salad plates --- AGAIN FOOD STUCK AND DRIED all over them. The food came and was mediocre to say the least. No wonder there were not any customers. Food, service, etc. were NOT a good experience. Was first time there in a long time and it will be even longer before we go back. p.s. - the kids screaming while mothers' tuned into their cell phones made it an even worse experience. Parents - not everyone wants to hear your little children scream!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SocialOTB, Owner at On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Carolyn, Thank you for your feedback. Cleanliness is very important to us and we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience you had with both the service and food selections at our restaurant. Please contact our Guest Relations Manager at http://www.ontheborder.com/contact-us.aspx so that we can work to make things right on your next visit with us!

Amarillo TX
“Cold food, terrible service, smartmouth bartender”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went Sat night (26 Oct 13) at about 8:00 PM for the "Endless Enchilada" Special. The restaurant was not busy. We asked for and were seated at a booth in the bar area. When our waiter finally came around, he said we could only order 2 enchailadas at at time. It took at least 20 minutes to get our order and the food was cold when we got it. The waiter took it back and got it heated up. While we were eating, the manager came into the bar and told the wait staff to quit clowning around and take care of customers (they were playing "hide & seek"). The bartender told the manager that was her area and she would tell the wait staff what to do. When we were ready to re-order, our waiter was nowhere to be found. My wife went to the bar and asked where our waiter was. The Bartender told her he was busy rolling sliverware and we would just have to wait. I went to the check-in desk and complaind to the manager. She did apologize and comped our meal, but we won't go back. There are too many Mexican restaurants in Amarillo to have to put up with cold food, poor service and smartmouth help.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
We apologize that you did not enjoy your visit. It is always our goal to provide great guest service & food. We are disappointed that this was not your experience. We are always looking to improve, if you'd be willing to discuss this further? Our Guest Relations Manager would like to make this right with you and can be reached at http://www.ontheborder.com/contact-us.aspx. Thank you for your honest feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
talihina
“Some of the best tex-mex you can get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I Like the salsa and queso very well here it's has the right amount of heat and very flavorful. The ultimate fajita is always good but heck everything I have ever ate here at the OTB chain restaurants around the states has been delicious. I would suggest getting on their email list for specials like free appetizers or other things.

Visited October 2013
“Stopped on a long journey from New Mexico to Illinois. A nice place with good prices friendly people and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would recommend this place to travelers. Friendly service and the price is right. Easy access from I 40. Had chicken tortilla soup and is was spicy and delicious.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amarillo, Texas
“ok for chain store mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

i love mexican food so you have to be really bad for me not to be impressed. it's not bad food but it's just not great. i'm sure it's because it's a chain.... give me the local mom & pop places any time

Visited September 2013