“Fun atmosphere, good food, and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 442 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
“Fun atmosphere, good food, and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here on a visit to Amarillo and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our server, Shanda, was eager to answer our questions and suggest items from the menu. On her recommendation, I had the Sunrise Enchiladas that included plenty of meat, an excellent spicy cheese sauce, and the usual beans and rice. My wife had the fajitas and enjoyed the flavor.
The server was attentive, humorous, and checked on us regularly. The management team checked on us as well through our meal. I would recommend this location besides the earlier reviews.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Amarillo, Texas
“Manager tried to cheat us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had $30 worth of gift cards. Our tab was $40.04 so we gave our server $30 in gift cards and a debit card. Server charged our debit card $17 and didn't return anything from our gift cards. When we asked server- he stated that alchol wasn't covered on gift cards. When we talked to the manager, Jon Desimone, he was very rude, and begrudginigly returned $10 on our gift cards. The management at Ruby's has gone down hill. This used to be one of the tightest ships and most reasonable restaurants in town. We keep giving them chances, because we used to like Ruby's so much; however, we are finished the last 4 times we have been there have been awful. We will go to Jorge's.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“2 locations, both great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Festive atmosphere, younger crowd. Food is of the chain variety, but feeling there is upbeat and fun

Visited February 2012
“My Favorite Amarillo Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Every time I make it to Amarillo, I have to stop at Ruby Tequilas. This is Texas mexican food at its best. I had the Sunrise burrito with chicken Fajitas meat. It was smothered in a queso inferno. The word inferno means what it says--this queso is hot but really good. The burrito was excellent and flavors were so good. It continues to be my favorite in Amarillo.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amarillo, Texas
“not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

there are better mexican food restaurants but its not bad. i really like the fajita meat. nice seasoning. good margaritas also.

Visited December 2011