“Good brisket!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
“Good brisket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Headed into Amarillo we wanted some Texas beef brisket. After looking thru some reviews & websites we chose Spicy Mike's. We got 1.5 lbs of brisket to go along with some buns. We weren't disappointed! The meat was tender, moist & smokey & a good price. It was worth the slight detour off I40 down to S. Western St to Spicy Mike's. The folks working gave me a sample which made it hard to wait to eat. Give it a try, the brisket at least should not disappoint!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ But Not The Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

It was very good but not great! Staff was very nice but didn't seem to chatty. Placed my order & had it out in less then 5 minutes. I had the three meat combo plate. I ordered brisket, jalapeño sausage, & ham. The sides were their potato salad, coleslaw, and beans with a buttered toast. All the food was extremely peppered. Almost like whoever seasoned it went a little overboard. The brisket was extremely fatty! I've eaten a lot of BBQ in my day & it'd been awhile since I had one with that much fat. Cut it off & it was good. Jalapeño Sausage is delicious! Highly recommended. Ham was a little cold. Had it been warmer probably would've been really good. Sides were ok but not the best. Overall good food just wouldn't call it the best in town.

Kunming, China
“BBQ done right, service wen better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food is great with a good choice of items! The price is Greta and the atmosphere warm and family friendly!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amarillo, Texas
“The best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything is wonderful. Ive been there many times and I cant figure out what I like more. You never leave hungry or disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“If you want Texas BBQ, go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

A locally owned spot, very clean, with friendly service. We had the ribs and they were wood smoked and tender. All the sides were fresh and made well too. I live in Amarillo and have tried every BBQ place here. This is the best.

• Visited October 2013