“Great Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our 55plus church group (47 people) stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel and service were great. This is a new hotel with contemporary decor. The rooms were great with very comfortable beds and were very clean in every area. Large flat screen TV, 2 phones, mini fridge, etc. The only thing missing was a room safe. They provide a complimentary breakfast that was very good. There is an attached building with an indoor pool and hot tub. We would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I were stopping through at a half-way point to our destination in New Mexico. This was my first stay at a Comfort Suites hotel and it exceeded all expectations! We plan to always stay at this hotel when in Amarillo. It is so easy to get to - right off the Interstate. The rooms are very clean, tall ceilings, nice decor and very spacious. A room with one king-sized bed is very large. There is a separate area with couch, chairs and coffee table. Nice furniture and great bed! I slept like a baby. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, closet, desk - all great. I was exhausted when we arrived and the shower/water pressure was perfect. The bathroom was spotless and large. It was very quiet - we couldn't hear anyone anywhere even though the hotel was almost 100% full that night. We didn't have time, but really wanted to take advantage of the nice pool and hot tub. We had a nice, hot breakfast in the morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our experience so much that we decided to book a room for our return trip home. Great place to stay and relax.

Room Tip: These rooms are really large. We stayed in a suite with two bedrooms - two king-sized beds the firs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was a steal compared to others along the road. The rooms are very clean,professional staff and didn't hear anything all night, even in the bathroom ! The lobby is beautiful and thought that I was in a major city hotel. The breakfast was fabulous with excellent service as well. Do yourself a favor a try it !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston,TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were happy with our stay here. Nothing unexpected. It was easy to find and felt like a safe area. "2 Queen room" easily accommodated our family of 5. Biggest complaint is that the rollaway bed (not the sofa bed- didn't try it) was atrociously uncomfortable. Felt like it was nothing more than springs covered in cloth. They could be well served to use air mattresses like another comparable chain uses. The room was clean, breakfast was decent and filling. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sunray, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Walls are thin. Place was very dirty. Supposed to be brand new and they don't keep up with it well already....

No newspaper at breakfast. Slim selections for food. No cigarette container by side doors so mine went on the ground. No trash can by side doors either.

No sink to dump liquids in the morning. I guess you throw your left over orange juice, milk, or coffee in the trash can as is.

Mostly just dirty. For a new hotel the place was extremely dirty. I was very disappointed. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a new property and everything is top notch. Great beds and decor. Very low price. The only thing that could be improved is the breakfast. It was very good, rather than excellent, but still better than most hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I review places, including even local hotels and restaurants a lot.
This hotel is one of many new ones that have sprung up in Amarillo, Texas. I-40 is FULL of them so there is a lot of competition. The price was very reasonable.
The colors and property are new and fresh. The rooms are very large. The hot tub is the largest I have seen in a while. Beds very comfortable. The exercise room was great!

However, the hot tub was not warm enough. The beds do not have a spread or comforter on them at all. Only a sheet and very thin blanket. Another is in the closet. I like the weight of covers so, that wasn't great for me. The coffee is mediocre at best at most hotels. This was not good at all. I asked about printing a document in the business center which is right in the lobby near the front desk. The front desk girl was pleasant but she did not come over to see about why I couldn't print my document. She talked to me but I didn't understand what she said. There was a man hanging around for the time I was at the computer, probably for 30 minutes. I do not know if he was a guest. But it was a little uncomfortable. He never left the desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!