“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Amarillo, Texas
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We decided with friends to spend New Years Eve night here at this hotel. It's a new hotel and the staff is Outstanding. They have rooms that can accommodate a large family without having to get a second room. :) I thought of my sister!!

Pool and Spa are wonderful!!

Room Tip: They have a nice breakfast too :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a new hotel so it is in good condition and is the new modern Comfort Suites design.
Beds are comfortable and the rooms have a good sized TV and nice work space.
The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the normal spread for a Comfort Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Olathe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Being a member of a hotel chain pays. This hotel is comparable to any Hyatt I've stayed, plus it has microwave and free wireless internet. Service from the moment you show up at the front desk is great. The breakfast is hot, complete and good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Phoenix. It had clean, rooms spacious and comfy. Our king bed was very comfortable and the shower in the bathroom larger than most. New counter tops and a separate bar sink with fridge and microwave were appreciated. Neatest thing was the young male clerk stood up when I came to the desk to ask questions-- a courtesy I appreciated. This property is 5 years old and still looks new (the bell carts had new carpeting). The young man even knew the exit for the Cadillac Ranch. Breakfast was adequate. We will sty again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt. Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel, like most Comfort Inns and Suites did not disappoint. Base price is only $75 for AARP rate the room is huge, with a ceiling fan, clean clean clean bed, and the usual amenities. This room has 12 foot ceilings....rare in any hotel of this catagory. Easy to find on I 40 with a great front desk check in person. This hotel has a bar....another rarity. No food in the bar...just drinks. We had snacks in our room and went down for a drink afterward. Highly recommend. Good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am actually writing this review while I am still here in the room. This property appears to be nice and clean, but I did find an empty rum bottle in the fridge from the last guest. I also encountered a problem with the wi-fi. I tried my laptop and iPad but no luck. I called the front desk and told them the wi- fi was not working and do they have a cable I can borrow to plug directly into the wall. I was told there are no cables and it must be my problem because the laptops at the front desk are working perfectly. I asked her what is the 800 number I need to call for tech support. She said if there is a 800 number, she doesn't know about it. I guess I can't blame the front desk girl but I would expect a Choice Hotel would have a procedure to deal with this issue. I ended up plotting the next day's 400 mile driving route from my IPhone. Very disappointing service for such a pricey room.

• Stayed August 2012
Tulsa,Ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We arrived after midnight. I requested a late check-out. I was told I would have to call in the morning. I asked when. I was told by Susan "they get pissed if you call close to check-out time, call between 6am - 9am. Um get up early so I can get an hour of rest later, really?? Decided to leave note requesting it at front desk. They denied it and gave us a wake-up call at 10am instead. The floor shakes, which shakes the bed, so I kept waking up thinking my 3 or 5 year old was trying to get my attention. The service and room were both a huge disappointment. When we stayed at the holiday inn express on the way to colorado, we received better service, accommodations, and sleep. I learned my lesson. Comfort suites are a step down in professionalism all the way around!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor by elevator shakes - avoid it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family