“Would stay again. ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Dallas, Texas
“Would stay again. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Yes, it's getting older and has stained carpet and wallpaper coming up in places, but it's a beautiful ambience. Our room was perfect, had extra sheets for pull out couch for our kids. Very clean. King bed was comfy. No outlets next to bed, had to pull nightstand from the wall to plug in sleep machine. Shower floor was a bit slippery and had to use handholds. Breakfast did not have many choices. Some food was gone by the time we got there at 9:30 and was not refilled, even though it didn't end until 10 (we were there on a Sunday morning). Left feeling a tad hungry. No ice machines, but had ziploc bags of ice prepared for those that wanted them next to front office. Aside from that it was a relaxing stay. We will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff at this hotel lives by the golden rule.. they all do there very best to make you feel like you have not left home.. They are friendly, courteous, professional and dedicated to making your stay the best that it can be.. Keep up the good work. ... A great value and experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This property is on our regular route between Illinois and Arizona, so we look forward to visiting regularly. Very friendly and cooperative staff, lovely facility. Highly recommended to anyone visiting for one night or more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Clovis, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times as I have grandchildren living in Amarillo. Matter of fact I usually stay at a Hilton property if I can because of the quality. Well, 2 out of the last 3 stays at a Hilton property have not been up to my standards. Made the reservations over the phone while traveling to Amarillo from Springfield, MO. Upon arrival my reservations were in order and the desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating. Found our room and needed to use the facilities, when turning on the light in the bathroom I thought I was back in the 60s as it was like a strobe light. When flushing the toilet it didn't refill very fast and the phone in the living room didn't work. When I turned on the ceiling fan in the bedroom, it wobbled like a gyroscope so I turned it off fearing it was going to fall on me. I told the desk clerk and she said she would send up a maintenance person. So we went to the free happy hour and there were about a dozen people present of all ages. The beer keg quit after about 30 minutes and was never repaired so several folks didn't get a cold beer. I went to the front desk and ask the clerk if the maintenance person had checked on the toilet and she said he had and it was just slow. I flushed the toilet and timed the refill time, it took in excess of 9 minutes to refill. I called the clerk and to tell her this was not acceptable, she said she would call the head maintenance person. I said no this is just not working and suggested that she change our rooms. She agreed and we were moved across the hall. The difference in these two rooms was like daylight and dark as the toilet filled up in about 30 seconds, the bathroom light worked and the ceiling fan was without any wobbles. Only problems with this room was the carpet had like red kool aid stains and the kleenex holder looked like someone just grabbed a handful of Kleenex and stuffed it in the holder, you pull one out and you get them all. This use to be a top of the line Homewood, but it is going downhill fast.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back or North side as that is away from Interstate 40
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mt Mee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for two nights as we had activities to do around the area. Straight off the I40 but our rooms were very quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Welcome dinner was available free (although we ate at the Big Texan each night) and a sizeable breakfast buffet was provided in the price. Room was great. Our only issue arose when we first checked in. Sound of high pitched yelping from neighbouring room indicated fellow guest had ignored signs stating that pets could not be brought into hotel. We mentioned the matter to reception, went out to dinner, and arrived back to silence next door. Reception were prompt in attending to the issue. The hotel is good value for money, well maintained, and convenient to get to and from. Worth the stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Homewood Suites continues to be one of our favorite places to stay! Consistent comfort. Good value and plenty of room. My husband and I enjoy the suites with the kitchen and living area. The breakfast includes eggs and sausage -- not just continental options! Nice courtyard and pool. Overall pleasant stay as we passed through Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
EL PASO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was in a great location for my business trip. The Staff was exceptional. They went above and beyond to make me feel pampered. The cozy plush atmosphere added to the fervor . Complimentary Breakfast and Manager Reception was an asset. You would not be disappointed staying here. You'll love it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business