“Comfortable and great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now And Save!
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Amarillo
Kansas City, Missouri
“Comfortable and great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Homewood Suites continues to be one of our favorite places to stay! Consistent comfort. Good value and plenty of room. My husband and I enjoy the suites with the kitchen and living area. The breakfast includes eggs and sausage -- not just continental options! Nice courtyard and pool. Overall pleasant stay as we passed through Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
EL PASO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was in a great location for my business trip. The Staff was exceptional. They went above and beyond to make me feel pampered. The cozy plush atmosphere added to the fervor . Complimentary Breakfast and Manager Reception was an asset. You would not be disappointed staying here. You'll love it!

Lubbock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff is excellent, they know me by name and always greet me with the most friendly welcome. The cook for the manager's welcome in the evening does an excellent job. I like to stay here when ever I am in Amarillo.

Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We always stay here when we drive from Ca to TX. We always feel welcomed and at home. A little more attention should be paid to the worn furniture in the rooms. We do enjoy having a hot breakfast and light dinner in the evening, it is one more reason that makes it a good hotel for travelers.

Elkhart, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I read where this was a hotel for smokers and non smokers, I am a non smoker. I assumed I would be on a non smoker level, it smelled like someone was smoking, NOT GOOD FOR ME! I would suggest that if you are going to provide a hotel for non smokers there is a place that can be set aside just for non smoking room.

Woodway, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am an HHonors Silver member and have traveled all over the country. Up until recently, Hilton has been our first choice. No more.
We arrived after 9 days of driving 3500 miles and wanted our last night to be comfortable before heading home. It was not to be.
We arrived and checked in. When we went to the room (which was very far away from the desk), I went to close the curtains and found that the bedroom window was cracked almost the whole way across. It did not appear to be broken all the way through, but I wanted to alert the staff, so that we wouldn't be charged for damage. Incidentally, the window was so dirty that I almost didn't notice. I also noted that there was no ice bucket, so I added that to my items to discuss with them.
Upon approaching the desk, I found the desk clerk engaged on the phone with a couple upset about a charge to their account. Despite her best efforts to handle it, they kept her on the line for a long time while several of us were waiting. I was stunned to hear her say that there is no manager on duty on weekends. I cannot imagine that! The couple next in line had a reservation that could not be found in their system. The clerk addressed my concerns along with that of another guest before getting into a long second problem. I learned that no one had reported the broken window, and that there was no ice. The refrigerators' ice machines did not work, and there was no ice in the vending area, but that we could pick up a bag in the Suite Shop whenever they got it ready. It was already late afternoon. I cannot imagine nearly 100 bags of ice in that small freezer, nor can I imagine toting a dripping bag of ice all that way to our room. Our internet connection did not work. I wanted to pop the provided popcorn, but the "kitchen": was so poorly stocked that I couldn't even find a bowl to hold it. There was no point in trekking back down to the desk for any help there. I had asked if coffee was available and was told, "If there's any there".
If one wanted to visit then vending machine, one needed a room key to access, even though it is inside the property. Unfortunately, mine did not work, so I had to go back and get the other one.
I went back later to see about ice, and the poor desk clerk was still dealing with the missing reservation. Unbelievable. Still no ice, so I gave up on that. In 48 years of travel, we have never been a guest at a hotel that could not even manage to provide ice.
As another reviewer mentioned, we also noticed that the bathtub was dangerously slick, and we cannot imagine that people have not fallen while bathing.
The room was technically a suite, but it appeared to be a fairly large regular room that had been chopped up to make separate rooms.
The final straw was the breakfast. The eggs were good, but the bacon was practically raw, the table was sticky, and there was cereal spilled on the carpet that no one came to clean up.
We in no way fault the desk clerk. These problems are due to poor management, or no management at all. There should be more than one person behind the desk on a busy summer weekend. I will be writing to Hilton about this matter, and if we are not issued a full refund, it may not be an option for us next time down the road. All we wanted out of the hotel was us, but all we got was the bill.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Homewood Suites is my preferred hotel because we get so much for the price of a regular room at other chains. In Amarillo we stayed here 3 nights while visiting Palo Duro Canyon. The staff was all very friendly and attentive, from the front desk to maintenance to the food service. The hot breakfast and supper were good and saved us some $$$ since I have a teen son (a.k.a. "bottomless pit"). I wish they had waffles with breakfast, but for some reason they did not. The staff are very dedicated. One night we were under a tornado warning and the staff went door-to-door getting everyone up and into the hallway.

On the downside, the pool could've used a cleaning (but it's Amarillo where it's always dusty and windy) and our AC unit was loud.

Overall I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Homewood Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!