“I would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8800 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79124   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Glenwood Springs
“I would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at the Home Wood Suites Amarillo twice. The staff is top notch from check in the food service. The rooms are nice and quiet even though the 3rd floor hallway has a seriously squeaky floor. I'm more of an Emassy Suites kind of person but this hotel is awesome and the same price as Dury across the street. Only con is if you want to walk to restaurants you have to cross a busy 4 lane road.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We recently were in Amarillo, TX for an extended period of time due to the illness and unfortunate death of a Family Member. We found our one bedroom Suite to be most comfortable, a very decent size and well appointed. A very Comfortable bed, inviting living space, 2 flat screen TV's, free wifi, with a full kitchenette, including full size fridge, microwave, 2 burners, dishwasher, plates etc..all very helpful during a difficult time. Free full breakfast buffet every morning..scrambled eggs and bacon, French toast, etc..Happy hour every afternoon included music, wine and light supper. Employees were all very helpful and kind, and there is a small store open 24/7 which you can stock your fridge with, as well as toiletries etc. All in all, a very nice Hotel with nice pool area, clean and very comfortable and convenient. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Highway due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've stayed many of times in a Homewood Suites Hotel and enjoyed all of them. This one was an average hotel. Now I killed three huge moths in our room but I figure thats Texas (you know everything big) SMILE. The only issue we had was the air condition. It was so LOUD. Each time it turned on during the night it woke us up. It was really loud. You got to do something about that. So with regret I have to rate you average. But I'm not discourage from the Homewood Suites as an alternative when I can't find a Ritz Carlton. So work on the air condition so your customers can sleep comfortable at nigh.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I spent roughly twenty weeks here, over a three year stretch. Each visit was as good as could be expected being away from home, eventually becoming almost like home.
The staff makes the difference between a so-so hotel and a great hotel, in my opinion. Of course a solid, quiet structure makes some contribution. The beautiful decoration and furnishing did not hurt either.
I am especially grateful to Deborah, Mel and Victor.

• Stayed April 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My company puts me here. At the end of my stay one month ago I had to complain about the noise. The administration has always been super-nice. The manager arranged for my next stay to be in the quietest area of the hotel. Well, here it is one month later. I am supposed to be in the quietest area of the hotel but I am typing this at 1:00 in the morning because there has been an unbelievable amount of noise since 11 pm. I have stayed at many business suites in many cities because of my part-time jobs and I also put myself in 3-1/2 star hotels through priceline. I have never been bother by noise as much as in this place. Oh, and if you are bothered by the high rushing wind sound of the ventilation, don't stay on the third (top) floor because the air supply comes from the roof and it is strongest on the third floor, less strong on the second and gentlest on the first. My review title is due to the fact that, while reading others' reviews of this place, I was surprised to find that I had written a two star review of Homewood Suites previously. At least I am consistent. Too bad Homewood Suites is, too.
Also, the food has gotten very cheap. It is not as good as Homewood Suites food in other cities. On my last trip, the clock was an hour off, not set for daylight savings time. It took three days of requests for the clock to finally be corrected (Homewood Suites uses the Hilton bedside clocks that are not changeable by the guests). This time the clock was again off by an hour but this time it was set the next day.
All of the staff here seem to have a super-helpful attitude, especially management, but the desk clerks seem to have high turnover and always seem to be bewildered.
My next return to Amarillo is already scheduled but I am going to ask to be reimbursed for staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are supposed to be quieter but are a longer walk to the dining service. Uppe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights this last weekend. Check in was smooth, the rooms were well thought out and clean. The interior public spaces were nicely decorated, and the staff was easy to work with. My only complaint was the condition of the outdoor pool. They told us it was open, but when we walked into the pool area, it was clear it hadn't been cleaned anytime recently. I would not get in that water.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I just had a very nice stay at the Homewood in Amarillo. If you are frequent guest at Hilton properties or Homewood Suites than you like I am familiar with what a Homewood is typically like. This one is an above average property as far as elegance and upkeep. You can expect to be impressed with a nice lobby that includes a nice player baby grand.

The one thing you will find that is a slight detractor is that they operate at the minimum standard set forth by Hilton/Homewood. I would stay here again, just do not plan on being wowwed by their service.

I will note that I am a little harder on Hilton properties in my review because I stay often enough to know their standards pretty well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!