“Need Improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
tribune ks
“Need Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood for 3 nights over Memorial Weekend. The room we were given was near door to outside and elevator and each time the door opened the room door rattled. The toilet was very loose and when you sat down it wobbled. The same drinking glass that I used when we checked in was still there on Sunday. The suite has a dishwasher and it could have been washed. When anything was used ie: coffee, dishwasher soap, dish cloths, shampoo nothing was replaced. I finally went to front desk and spoke to desk about concerns and still nothing was done. Finallu took glass to desk and asked if it could be replaced. Food was poor and no variety in choices. Same thing 3 mornings and tables were not cleared and area was not clean. This is not what we have come to expect from Homewood. The location is perfect for us but not sure if we will stay again. Did not feel management took problems seriously nor addressed them to my satisfaction,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The free breakfasts were inedible. The eggs and pancakes were cold, and the bacon was uncooked. We received no maid service. We had to do our own trash and carry our towels to the maids at the other end of the hall in the late afternoon in order to get clean ones. The first room we were assigned had fumes in it and caused us (and the maid we questioned about it) to cough and gasp for breath.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

The management of this facility is outstanding, very accomodating. The rooms are well appointed, desk staff is fabulous. Dinner and Breakfast is very good with alot of variety. When I stayed the weather was very cold to the point where pipes were bursting etc. Management worked around this and still provided great breakfasts and dinners. Even though room faced the interstate, the noise level was low. If you come to Amarillo this is the place to stay for sure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

For “new” construction, this was a disappointing stay. After driving all day, all I wanted was to check into my hotel and get in bed. Upon arriving at the front desk, no one was to be found, anywhere … for 15 minutes! Apparently, a few other travelers who stopped already gave up and had moved on. This occurrence must be fairly common at this hotel, as printed sign was displayed prominently on the desk.

But I wasn’t like the other travelers; I had a confirmed reservation and had to wait it out to get into my room. After finally my keys, I discovered the light out over the desk where I had planned to check emails and work for a bit to be out. So once again I was at the front desk, but told I could not have a light bulb and a maintenance man would be up shortly to install it. “Shortly” turned out to be 30-plus minutes.

After suffering through painfully slow Internet access, I went to bed and got a great night’s sleep.

However, the next morning after making coffee, I discovered the coffee pot to be broken, making a light brown liquid and a mess all over the kitchen. Hoping to get a better cup of coffee downstairs, I found the offerings just as bad.

Hilton, you can do better!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed one night. Ornately decorated lobby and rooms - Victorian? Lots of dark wood, statues, flowery stuff - bordering on overkill - but it was different and I liked it. Certainly better that those cookie cutter hotels that have the stock watercolors bolted to the wall, might as well have a sign next to it that says "Art". Anyway, room was clean, a/c worked great, comfy bed, crappy old "tube" type TVs in both rooms (I don't care, I'm an ipad user).

Wireless was super weak in my room (307) - the restaurant next door had great wireless (Red Robin).

Staff was nice, quick, quiet, and welcoming. Chicken and dumplings at the Manager's reception 5-7 pm - nice touch - I made a salad at their little salad bar. Beer, wine, and other goodies avaailable at the reception as well.

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Having read all the reviews for hotels in the Amarillo area I was a little afraid of of what to expect. I called the reception desk, found out the price (which was much lower then others in the area). Still not expecting much I was blown away with the friendliness and cleanliness of this place.The suite was very nicely decorated and clean.extra towels were no problem. Lots of restaurants in the area. All in all I was very pleased with the homewood suites Amarillo..

• Stayed April 2011
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

While relocating to Amarillo, I had the priviledge of staying two weeks at the Homewood Suites. Upon checking in, I received the normal, courteous greeting at the front desk, but after a few days, they acted as if they had been my best friend for years, especially Kamryn with whom I exchanged greetings with on a daily basis. Their greatest asset is Anita, their Sales Manager. She treated everyone as though she had known them for years.

The evening wine and beer happy hour surprised us, their idea of hot hor dourves were things like grilled chicken breasts, meat loaf, and lasagna. It wasn't supposed to be a meal, but it was. Breakfast exceeded expectations.

The rooms were clean and very comfortable. A truly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!