“Fabulous Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6901 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106 (Formerly Amarillo Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Fabulous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at the Amarillo Hampton for a funeral. The staff was amazing, giving us rooms next to each other and even giving each of us a sympathy card. The kindness and extra effort by this staff was outstanding and much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Julie, thank you for your review. We are pleased that we could accommodate you and your family in your time of need. I will make sure my staff knows how much you appreciated their actions.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was traveling between Dallas and Albuquerque and this was about half way. It was my first time in this facility but I'm a regular customer of Hampton Inns. I just needed a comfortable place to spend one night. This location met my expectations for the Hampton chain. It is right next to I-40 but far enough back so that freeway noise was not a problem. There are many restaurants within walking distance. My only problem during this stay was that the toilet in my room (345) was not secure to the floor. It would rock when used and that was disconcerting. I mentioned this to the staff when I checked out. I don't know if it was fixed. I wonder how things like this go unnoticed by the cleaning and maintenance staff. Why do they rely on their customers to make these inspections so that the problems can get repaired? Another continuing issue I have with all Hampton Inns is their mediocre breakfasts. They call it a hot breakfast but it consists of powdered, reconstituted eggs and frozen breakfast meats. I usually don't partake of this service. I wish Hampton would just give up on the breakfast service and charge a little less.

Room Tip: Don't be close to the elevator. This was the most noisy elevator I've ever encountered in a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are please we met your expectations. I apologize for your disappointment in Hampton’s breakfast selection. The brand is constantly working to improve all aspects of the guests stay and feedback from guests like you help Hampton advance their product. In December 2013, Hampton hotels rolled out improvements to many of their breakfast items and the feedback has been great! I understand that finding an issue with your toilet was frustrating. Thank you for reporting it to us. It was promptly corrected. Our housekeeping and maintenance team work hard to make sure each guests room is like a home away from home.
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a very clean facility. The breakfast was great and the room was comfortable. Internet connected easily and the business center was in good order as well. Easy to find, right off of I-40. I would recommend this to anyone who has to stay in Amarillo.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your review John. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next trip to Amarillo!
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my daughter and we stopped here for just an over night stay but was very pleased. Clean, comfortable, and safe. Beautiful room with very comfortable beds and a great shower. Cleaners need to look up once in awhile big spider web in the top corner of the bathroom. I will probably stay at holiday inn express in the future though I have been a loyal HAmpton inn customer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay! I will make sure to let our housekeeping team know about the high dust you experienced. I apologize you found dust in your room; our goal is to make sure every guest has a clean comfortable room from top to bottom. We hope to see you again in the future so you can see how we are continually improving our hotel!
Middlesex, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I will be completely honest and start by saying that I usually frequent Starwood Hotels and I could not find a Sheraton near where I was going to be in Texas. The property was clean and the front desk associates were very nice, however, the room did not meet my expectations. I reserved a suite and apparently if a couch is in your room that qualifies as a suite. I would normally expect to find a bottle of water somewhere in the room but the amenities were limited to coffee and 2 paper cups. The room noise directly above us was so bad that my husband had to call the front desk sometime between 11 and midnight to complain, which is not something that we normally do. It has to be pretty loud for me to make a call. If you are traveling along I40 and need a place to sleep for a few hours it will serve that purpose just fine, and if you like it quiet get a room on the 3rd floor so no one is walking over you all during the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Lynn, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. On behalf of the staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo, I would like to apologize. Our suites are one room suites with a seating area and a wet bar. While we do not offer complimentary bottles of water in rooms, we do have a complimentary beverage for our guests in the lobby (various flavors of fruit infused water or lemonade). We also have cold bottles of water at the desk. Our guest’s satisfaction is our number 1 priority and we regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. Our staff takes noise complaints very seriously and acts as quickly as possible to resolve any issues. We hope that on your next trip to the area you will stay again so we can show you our dedication to our guests 100% satisfaction!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel is very well kept, and the breakfast excellent. BUT... don't take the room on the back side of the elevator! This review must have two hundred characters minimum, so I am typing meaningless words to reach the magic two hundred.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your review and tips for other travelers. When making reservations you may request high floor, low floor, near elevator, or away from elevator as well as many other options. We try very hard to meet all of our guest’s requests, however requests are not guaranteed. Providing your preferences in your reservation helps us know the best room available for you. We hope to see you again soon!
Sanger, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here on the last night of our Spring Break trip in 2014, hotel was either new, or freshly remodeled. Did not use the pool/spa, but the room was excellent and the breakfast was top notch as well. Will definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you, Stanson, for your review! We are pleased you and your family enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We have completed updates to our guest rooms and bathrooms, corridors, fitness center, and meeting room. In the coming months we are continuing to improve the hotel by painting the exterior of the building and making upgrades to our indoor pool and spa. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Amarillo!