“Horrible Service/Accomodations” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6901 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106 (Formerly Amarillo Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Keller, Texas, United States
“Horrible Service/Accomodations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Every Hampton that I have stay at are always excellent. This Hampton however, was sub par. First of all, they didn't have our reservation on file, but when I call the 800 number it was on file. Since their computers were down, they couldn't give me a receipt for my stay. They also told me that i would not be getting my Hilton Honors points for this stay. Secondly, the first room that they gave me was already occupied by a guest. I am just glad that I didn't walk in on someone. Thirdly, the internet was not working. When I asked the front desk about it, they told me that it had been down for a while. They had no clue when it would be working again. Finally, breakfast for very lacking. The coffee and OJ was watereed down, and there was no milk for the cereal. Hopefully Hilton is going to make some changes soon, because this Hotel is giving them a bad name.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel until they make some changes.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Duluth, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have stayed at a great many Hampton Inns and have rarely been dissatisfied in any serious way. Our room was pleasant enough, but the a/c did not work, even though there was an adjustable thermostat in the room. My husband then discovered that the thermostat was simply a decoration, not connected to anything! Luckily, the weather was reasonably cool, so we didn't suffer...The breakfast was ok and the front desk person was helpful when we asked questions about Amarillo, but not about the a/c issue. I agree with others that the surrounding area is not particularly pleasant and certainly has a deserted feeling about it. I would not choose to stay here again, as there are many alternatives on the West side.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here once before and it was ok but they were doing renovation. When we came back we had 2 reservations but my grandma and grandpa had to stay at the Fairfield inn courtesy of the Hampton inn because there reservations where messed up. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Hotel needs to be renovated. Tub was worn and moldy. The sofa in my suite was severely stained. I stayed here because my first and second choices had no rooms available. Booked room for three nights, but checked out after one night. Location didn't feel safe.

• Stayed May 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

About what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - comfortable, roomy and clean. The room was standard - two queen beds and a separate bathroom. Pretty fast connection to the net, and a standard selection of cable channels.
I don't know when the last update was completed at the hotel, but it is starting to show some age. In addition, half of the lights spelling "Hampton Inn" that can be seen from I-40 are burnt out. Though neither of these previous comments caused an uncomfortable stay, if Hilton wants to keep its reputation up, it should pay attention to these details.
Cookies on arrival and a good warm breakfast. Easy on and off to I-40, though not right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked based on reviews and location. I just needed a place to rest for the night. When I checked in there was a little confusion, as they had me already checked in. Once that was sorted, I was upgrade to the suit. The suit was clean, well appointed, and comfortable The hotel staff were very helpful getting everything sorted out.

The only fault I found was with the building itself. I was on the third floor. The floors seem to be very thin as I could every footstep in the hall outside the room. In my room I felt sorry for the people in the room below as even something like dropping my phone on the floor sounded like a great big thud.

Overall, not bad but if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would choose to stop omn the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Hampton is one of my preferred choices when on the road, but this one was subpar. Although my reservation was made weeks in advance, my room choice was not provided. Instead, the room I received would not connect to the internet ... my room was changed, but this new one was missing the wall-mounted thermostat. The major let down, though, was the breakfast. This is usually a great way to start the day, but not here. Poorly maintained. The desk person who signed us in was very pleasant and eager to help, but she was the ONLY staff person in the building. She was really overwhelmed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West? Share your experiences!