“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 East Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for one night. The room was a decent size as we had two double beds. The air conditioning unit was quite loud so could be quite disruptive. Our room overlooked the car park and there were a number of people drinking in this area which made it quite loud.

The pool was nice. However, there was only two loungers which could be a problem if the pool was busy.

The breakfast was disappointing as there was not a great selection. Also there was insufficient seating for people to sit and eat. Even the sofas in the lobby were taken by people eating and some people were left standing.

The hotel did have a limo service to the Big Texan Steakhouse which was free. This also returned you to the hotel.

The staff were very friendly. We asked one of them if there was anywhere that they would recommend for a drink and she advised us of a number of places to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I appreciate you posting a review. I'm apologetic for your air conditioning and the loud people. Usually, there isn't a whole lot of complaints for disturbances, but I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. I hope to see you soon,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnsboro, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Room was clean and updated. I did notice an old musty smell of cigarette smoke that had been partially covered by new paint. When I arrived at the hotel, they had booked us in upstairs rooms and I requested downstairs rooms. They accommodated us. But a few hours later, as everyone was falling asleep, other guests were given a key to our room and unlocked the door. We went back to sleep and the phone rang at 4 AM. It was the front desk with further confusion about us being in that room. They gave us the card key that they programmed for that room! No complaints about the room, it was fine for one night, but they really need to get their night time desk help better acquainted with the card key/check in system.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms on the end are close to the parking lot and quiet, unless the staff rings the phone...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I appreciate you posting your experience. I'm sorry that you had such a terrible experience at the office, and I will be sure to talk to the employees about this. Thank you so much for helping us understand your problems so that we may not make to same mistakes again. Thanks for your time,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Kym always takes care of me. She helps make the stay pleasant. I stay here every time I am in Amarillo. They are always friendly and helpful. They always make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and we have never had any trouble.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I am thankful that you enjoyed your stays with us. Also, I appreciate the review posting because it helps us improve every post. I hope to see you soon,

San Angelo, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very small. The chair at the desk hit the bed behind it if you wanted to sit there. The wifi didnt work. Water pressure in the shower sucked big time. The fan in the bathroom was obnoxiously loud and it came on with the light..middle of the night bathroom trips or early showers woke everyone up. The beds were decent but the blankets were worn and scratchy. The breakfast was very limited...waffles muffins or cereal...and there wasnt enough seating to accommodate the guests. The pool looked nice but I didnt get a chance to use it. I suppose the place works for somewhere to crash but I wouldnt want to spend more than a night there.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I am terribly sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay. I apologize for all the inconveniences from the shower to the lack of space. I'll be sure to send your complaints to the appropriate departments, and I hope you'll give us a second chance next time you're in town. Thanks,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Not a bad place. Tub was horribly clogged so we had to switch rooms, but everything else was fine. We really liked the staff because they were extremely friendly and were nice to our dogs. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo to accommodate you, and i'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the drain mix-up, but it is now under control. I hope to see you soon,

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Very disappointed! When we booked the day prior they had a pool. But when we checked in the pool was broke. Used wash cloth still in the tub from past guess. Room smells! Highly recommend somewhere else!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm very sorry about the pool and the rest of your stay. As for the pool, we had an incident prior to your stay, and we were draining and cleaning the pool to fix it for our customers. However, I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I'll be sure to get your complaints to the concerning employees, and i'll be sure it doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for giving us you feedback,

San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was disappointing from top to bottom. The rooms are run down, drain did not work, room details and repairs not resolved (e.g., metal patch around shower faucet did not cover entire wall and water leaked into the wall behind), peeling paint everywhere. The breakfast was absolutely pure reduced carbs. Not one piece of fruit and no protein. Finally, all fabrics were laden with polyester. Bedspreads and curtains completely old-school.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with the Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm truly apologetic for your experience with us. I'll be sure to take your complaints to the appropriate departments so that future customers will not have the same problems. I hope you will forgive us and come again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo? Share your experiences!