“Good stay for the second time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo East

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 East Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Dortmund, Germany
“Good stay for the second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in November 2013 for the second time. The booking from Germany was without a problem.
Our room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast in the morning was ok and the staff very friendly and helpful.
We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo all the way from Germany! I truly appreciate your business, and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Come again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Left another hotel due to wild guests and checked in at the RR for one day and ended up staying 3 nights, the staff was VERY accommodating, plesant and definitely went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. I dont usually stay at hotels with exterior doors but I felt safe here knowing there is security on duty during the dark hours. The rooms are great for the rates, and with the great customer service you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I appreciate you choosing us despite your concerns, and I hope you'll come back to see us soon. Thanks for posting your reply,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Back in April I traveled into Amarillo for my sisters wedding I drove all the way from California. And by the time I arrive hunger and figtise had made itself known. It was Kym who I barly could see. She however could see. She made my reservation. I saw her patience with me as I struggled to retrieve my info. The sounds coming from my hunger spoke louder now. Where to go at 6:30 am. Kym not only saw but heard my hunger. Kym told me that she had already prepared a continental breakfast and I was able to go and eat. We was like coming back home to mothers house food prepared. Even though I was really tired I noticed that the room was clean the bed comfortable and I slept the night away. Everything I needed was already taken care of and Kym she will give me an early wake up call. I enjoyed my sisters wedding. However the experience of the Red Roof for that short visit I made Would be what I remember the most. It was the kindness that Kym gave freely That I will remember to most. Thanks Red Roof for giving me a place to stay and thank you Kym for making me feel at home.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn for your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service provided to you, and that you were satisfied with your trip as a whole. Next time you are passing by, I hope to see you again. Thank you for letting us know how your experience was.

Marquez, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was very pleased with our room for the price. The breakfast was very good and better than most other motels we have stayed at. While this certainly is not a five star motel, it is as good as you can expect for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at Red Roof Inn earlier in the year, and despite it being kind of run down, the beds were comfortable, they had free coffee all day, and the staff at the front desk were nice. The wifi was lousy if your room was far away from the office.
My second stay was in mid April. We had sadly lost our precious granddaughter, and had to travel back to Amarillo for her funeral. We needed two rooms the first night because we needed one room for me and my husband, and another for my two teenage boys. Then the next night, we would only need one room, as my husband had to fly back for work, and I was just going to share a room with my boys (it had two queen beds). We were doing this to save money. When we booked the rooms we were VERY clear that we needed two rooms for only one night. The girl helping us book the room seemed very young, and she was obviously in training. She had an older lady helping her and guiding her through the process.
The next morning, while my husband was getting ready to leave for the airport, I moved my belongings to the room that my sons were staying with. A couple of hours later I received a call on my cell phone from the front office. It was the older staff member that had helped the younger girl book our rooms the day before. She rudely asked me why we didn't inform the office that we were going to check out of the room my husband and I stayed in. She said that not only did we not inform them of the checkout, but that we left the do not disturb sign on the door, and so the maids left for the day without cleaning it.
I told her that we absolutely did tell her we were checking out the day before. She then told me that they had already charged our credit card for two nights on both rooms, and that we had signed the paper that said we understood how many nights we were being charged for.
I immediately went to my bank account online, and sure enough, we were charged two nights for the room that we had already checked out of.
I went to the office and asked if they would please refund our money for the one night. The same two women were there from the day before, and so I tried to get them to remember that we had told them multiple times that we didn't need the room for two nights. They both played dumb, and then presented me with the paper that my husband signed, agreeing to two nights.
I asked to talk to the manager, and that is when the real problems started. Right away he treated me like I was a complete burden. He tried to push the blame on me, and was rude and uncooperative. I told him that it was his trainee that had messed up by charging us for two nights. He said that we had not told her we were staying only one night, and that he could prove it because we had signed the paper. I was actually floored at how rude he was to me. He wouldn't listen, was talking over me, and eventually said he was going to call the police to kick us out. All I was trying to do was get a refund for the room. I never raised my voice, never caused a scene. He started raising his voice and threatened to kick us out of the second room.
I have NEVER experienced such terrible customer service. He stomped off to the back room and started yelling in a different language at the young employee that had goofed up in the first place. We could hear him throwing papers around back there, and doing all this as other customers walked into the office.
I had finally had enough. We had just buried our 3 year old granddaughter the day before, and here was this ignorant manager yelling at me. I started to cry, and finally told them that they should be ashamed of themselves. This man was very unprofessional and he had his front desk staff so scared of him that they wouldn't back me up when I asked them to confirm that we had told them multiple times we weren't needing the two rooms for two nights.
I will NEVER stay there again, obviously. They are a management team that cares more about being right and making their money than being professional, polite, and putting the feelings of their customers first.

• Stayed April 2014
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Outside appearance on the upper floor was kind of scary, but the room inside was really nice. It looks like they maybe updating? My room had new carpeting, refrig and microwave. Bed was very comfortable. Was very nice and quiet. Very clean. Was close to some restaurants and gas stations. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Duluth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We got a standard room so we didn't get all the amenities but that is what we wanted. The room was clean and everything seemed to work ok. Staff was pretty nice and got us checked in and out quickly. We did have some internet problems but it was no big deal. If we return to the area, I'll try them again.

Room Tip: away from ice machine