“Great and inexpensive for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 East Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #29 of 67 hotels in Amarillo
Hereford
“Great and inexpensive for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here many times. The rooms are clean with basic comforts and amenities, including microwave and fridge. The bed and pillows were comfy and we didn't need to bring our own pillows from home.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Larry who assisted us personally when I mistakenly booked the room for the wrong night - (we arrived "a day earlier" than what I booked). He worked directly with the Expedia to help me change the reservation, get me a fully wheelchair accessible room, and at no additional cost to me. He even allowed me to call Expedia from the motel's phone so I wouldn't have to go back to my car to get my cell phone.

The motel is close to many good places to eat and easily accessible from I-40, especially for travelers going eastbound.

I would definitely recommend this motel and will stay there again this year.

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair, I suggest getting the non-smoking king room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and liked our staff and all that we had to offer. I hope to see you in the future, and I also appreciate your opinion. Thanks,

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I would not stay in another Red Roof Inn. Although the staff was really nice, the room was really dirty...stains on the carpet, staines on the bathroom tile. I don't have many expectations for the price of the room, but at the very minimum I want a clean room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your feedback and we wish this would have been brought to our attention during you stay. We would never allow our guests to remain in a room that doesn't meet high standards of excellence and cleanliness. We have shared this with our staff and we are confident that this would not happen again. we value your business an hope that you will consider us again when traveling thru the Panhandle.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The property is a little older (used to be a HowardJohnson), but is in overall good shape. I hear that the owners are currently touching up the rooms. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the tvs' are a bit boxy. . There is a vending/laundry room, which is better than not having one at all! It contains one washer and one dryer, both coin operated, the vending machines lack anything of interest. The parking lot is well maintained, with plenty of safe, lit spaces, there's even a large lot for semi trucks/RVs/moving vans!. The staff here have been nothing but helpful and friendly, especially Kym McWilliams (desk clerk) who checked us in. All in all, its in a safe neighborhood, right off I40, and within walking distance to PLENTY of food joints!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side fill up first. Rooms in the middle of each side seem pretty quiet, just not b...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I appreciate you staying with us, and I am also happy to know that you enjoyed your experience. I hope to see you again next time, and also thank you so much for letting us know your opinion so that we may improve.

Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our room was small and cramped, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The area around the motel was not the best. Unlike most Red Roofs, there was a free breakfast that was surprisingly good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. Sorry for the inconvenience, but hope to see you again in the future with a better experience. Thank you for letting us know your feedback.

Thanks
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have stayed at this Red Roof several times this year alone. The hotel is very centrally located
around everything any traveler could possibly need. There is an array of eateries to choose from, and Walmart is within a 3 mile radius. Although this hotel is a older facility it is very well maintained. The current owners are very good in providing a very clean and safe environment. The front desk staff is very friendly and efficient, but there is one member that stands out with exceptional customer service, Larry B. He always greets me with a smile on his face and one in his voice. He is always willing to go a extra mile with that personal attention. He truly upholds the standards of great customer service. The owners of the hotel are the staples of great friendly and exceptional customer service themselves, so it is not a wonder that their staff would reflect the same attitude. The rooms are standard, not fancy....but very comfortable, and clean. Carpets are very clean, beds firm and comfortable, air and heating work very well. Parking lot secure, as I have witnessed police surveillance on several occasions. Exceptional value for the cost.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stays. I appreciate the feedback, and am happy to know you enjoyed our staff and all that we had to offer. I hope to see you soon in the future, and thanks for posting your opinion.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Very tacky .the bed cover needed to be tossed, the chair was dirty the deskl chair wasbroken. Bed was ok and TV was ok and the shower was good if you were short.the heater was so loud it blew you out of bed.breakfast was pretty generic. Bisquits gravy waffles cereal

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn of Amarillo for your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't like the room, or the breakfast. It would be wonderful if you could give us a second chance, and i'm sure we can make it up to you. Again, i'm terribly sorry about the inconveniences, but thank you for posting your opinions so that we may improve. Thanks,

Bend, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Shabby room in need of carpet and paint. The morning "breakfast" wasn't impressive either. The door to the bathroom really needed replacing because it was very rough and ugly. Not sure I would stay here again. Bed was also very hard.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are painting the rooms, and hope you will give us a second chance. As for the other inconveniences, I hope we will be able to please you the next time around. Sorry again,

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo? Share your experiences!