“A great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo East

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 East Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“A great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay here three times a week. Great motel and Sarai at the front desk gets you checked in and you are on your way! People here really take care of you! Lots of places to eat and shop. Very clean, nice walking area. Beds are great just a great place to stay. For one night or family out on vacation you can not go wrong with Red Roof.

• Stayed February 2013
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We appreciate you choosing us, and are thankful to have customers like you. Thanks for the feedback, as it helps us become a better Red Roof Inn. Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is and older motel but everything about the motel is very nice. It is very clean, beds and pillows are very nice. Everyone trys to make sure you have a pleasant stay.
The team member that I dealt with SARAI was very nice at my checkout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We update our rooms regularly, and are glad you enjoyed your experience. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo.

Pontiac, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

place is clean bed was fine too . have stayed in a lot worse and paid more .. well worth the price .. wifi worked really good there better than in some much pricer hotels .. staff is friendly and seem to care that you have a good night at there hotel .. sis not have any problem getting to the hotel or in gett back on to the interstate in the morning .. will stop in again ..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are elated to know that you liked your stay, and hope you will return soon. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm tardy in writing this review but wanted to make sure that I did so. We stayed for 1 night in November 2012.

I initially experienced a major malfunction in booking our room online. It was set up for the wrong date and, consequently, we appeared to be "no shows." UGH.

I appealed to the manager of the Red Roof Inn and he was ultimately very kind and accomodating; allowing us to book our return trip stay and no additional charge.

This level of customer service deserves to be recognized. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are elated to find that all your troubles were solved during your stay. I appreciate you sharing your judgement of Red Roof Inn Amarillo.

Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had to stay overnight with my family on my way to Houston recently. Although the exteriors didn't look so appealing, the room was in excellent condition. The room didn't smell, beds were clean, gadgets all worked as expected. The room was generally very clean. I was very happy with everything. The free breakfast was as good as can be expected. The wireless connection was choppy and very slow; I aborted my attempts at using Internet after a few trials. Based upon this stay alone, I'd give it an Excellent rating; not so after my next one though.

We decided to stay at the same place on our return trip also. But this time I wasn't as lucky. Of course, the room was clean with no smell as before, but a couple of things prevent me from giving this hotel an Excellent rating. The bathroom looked old (tub stained, paint peeling) and I thought it could use some minor improvements. But worse, the heater in the room started making this loud noise after running for a couple of hours of my check-in at night and during my sleep. I had to tinker with the fan speed and heating levels to quieten it. But the problem occurred again after another couple of hours. I had to do this about 3 times in the night to ensure that at least rest of my family slept well while my sleep was shot. I don't think most rooms could be as bad, but I do feel that the rooms could use some regular maintenance or checks.

The place is good for a night's crash on your way to somewhere. I found the location to be convenient from an accessibility standpoint (next to the Interstate). I didn't see any supermarkets or other shops nearby but then I didn't go looking for them. Anyway, I'd rate it between Excellent and Average.

Room Tip: Check if the room-heater rumbles after running for sometime. Non-smoking rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are truly sorry, on our behalf, that you had difficulties during your stay. Your heater may have been noisy, and I will attempt to make sure it doesn't happen to another guest. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I hope your next visit is beyond your expectations.

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for the past few weeks due to a temp. job relocation. I have foound it to be peaceful, affordable, and the staff has been very helpful. The hotel is not a new facility yet the staff maintains it's cleanliness and up keep. For the price it was very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am excited to know that you liked your stay. We are glad that the room was sufficient for your needs, and you liked your overall experience. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn, and I hope to see you here soon!

Tullahoma, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was forced to stop in Amarillo because of a snowstorm, however was very glad that I ended up taking the exit that led to this hotel. The manager (Sarai) and staff were friendly and helpful, the room was perfectly clean (I did not see any pet hair anywhere), and the hot continental breakfast was adequate. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo East? Share your experiences!