“Good price and comfy, good smelling room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo East

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 East Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Good price and comfy, good smelling room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

It took some convincing for me to try another Red Roof Inn, as I had a less than desirable experience the night before in Albuquerque...however the price was cheap, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. I slept well, and would stay again if I was driving through and needed a cheap room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Western USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Generally I like Red Roof Inns. They typically provide a great room and guest experience for a reasonable price. I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lubbock, had a great experience and I think I wrote a review about that one.

My father, wife and I pulled into Amarillo about 1AM, were exhausted and needed to sleep. The sign for $49 for a night pulled me across the highway. At the window, they said the rate was $65 for a 2 queen room. That seemed excessive, but I was so tired I said Ok.

When we got into the room, one bed was made and one looked like it had been made by the former guest in this room. The comforter was simply thrown over the pillows and my wife wanted to leave or get another room. I was so tired, I picked up the covers, looked at the sheets and lied to her that it was all Ok.

We slept through the night and got up early to hit the road again. When we went to the free breakfast, it was a joke. Someone had lined 12 tiny chocolate donuts and 12 tiny powdered sugar donuts on a huge tray. There was barely anything to the breakfast.

All in all, this is not a horrible place. It was safe. We slept well but like I said in the title, I just expect more from a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

With easy on-off access to I-40, our king non/smoking room was clean and had a comfortable bed, and all items within the room were in good working order. Breakfast was a surprise since most Red Roofs don't include one. Got our rate through a sale on redroof.com, and the rate was excellent. Front desk staff helpful, competent and pleasant. I will stay there again.

Borger, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Clean Rooms, Great Staff and a good breakfast. Convenient location right off the I-40. Highly recommended to those coming through Amarillo. You'd expect to pay more at other comparable places to stay. This is the second time that we have stayed here and even got the same room we were in the last stay. Almost feels like we never left our little comfortable home away from home. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Sunderland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stopped here while doing our cross country voyage. The room rates were found online, and were pretty cheap for a king bed, non-smoking room. We had a nice stay. The bed was softer than normal at most value hotels. The parking was more than adequate, and right outside the rooms on the first floor. The continental breakfast included bisquits and gravy, and waffles, among other things, which I thought was more than enough for what we paid for the room. Definitely recommend this place.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay. It is recently converted to a Red Roof, but they have the level of service we have come to count on from this chain. The bathroom was a little quirky, but clean and had a nice hot shower. They have an outstanding hot breakfast, open till 10a. Lyn was welcoming and made us feel at home, which is often hard to come by while traveling. We will definately be using this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed here as an overnight stop between Phoenix and St. Louis. The hotel was clean and in a good location, but had a very poor internet connection. The front desk was no help and I ended up connection through the Hampton Inn that was next door. It's a good place to stop if you don't need the internet. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo East? Share your experiences!