“Great place for a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Ashmore Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 I-40 East, Exit 72-A, Amarillo, TX 79104   |
Ranked #17 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“Great place for a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I were out driving late on the road. We decided about 100 miles out that we would stop in Amarillo for the night. I found this place through my Trip Advisor app on my phone and gave them a call. The staff was so friendly and helpful on the phone. She made my reservation and then proceeded to tell me simple directions to find them once we hit town. The location was very easy to see from the interstate. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The pillows were a little small and the carpet seemed a little old, but everything else was great. The room was cold, just how we like it. In the morning there was a complete breakfast laid out: eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, breakfast breads, biscuits and gravy, and yogurt. If that wasn't appealing to you, there was a Cracker Barrel next door.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Room was clean. Hotel isn't that nice, very loud and busy on weekends. My sink was almost entirely clogged. Courtyard downtown is my favorite in Amarillo, would not stay here again. Convenient location at least, right near cracker barrel.

• Stayed July 2012
Crowley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I want to thank the Inn for their wonderful, thoughtful and efficient handling of my goof up. I had left a folder behind in my room containing my adult son's early childhood papers and grade school art work that I wanted to give my son. The staff called our cell number and asked about the folder and a few other objects I had left behind (you must by now understand that I am old and forgetful). I was upset about the folder and they voluteered mailing it to my son's house. It arrived timely and I asked if I could reimburse them or contribute to their favorite charity and they declined. I really appreciate the 'extra mile' thoughtfulness and effort of the staff and their supervisor (whose name I have also forgotten).

S.Johnson

Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My sister made the arrangements the night before we left CO. 3 families shared 2 rooms with 4 queen beds. We have had some pretty bad rooms in the past 14 years on our way home. This was the 1st time we stayed at Ashmore and would do it again. Room smelled good and NO cig smell. We went to dinner at Cracker Barrel restaurant which is in front of hotel. Great breakfast bar but would suggest management add a few more tables and chairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
West, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I agree with a previous review, not sure if something has changed, however my brief night stay was not good. I arrived at 11:30pm and had to wait a few minutes before the TWO people behind the desk could even check me in- there was no one else in the lobby and it was a week day. The woman who must have been the night manager, was less than friendly when I asked for the cost of a room, like it was such an inconvenience. The room was 100 dollars, there was a hair in the bath tub and the hallway smelled musty. At that time of night i was too tired to change hotels,I would not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Chose this hotel from Tripadvisor reviews as we were passing through from California to Oklahoma. The hotel is easy to locate, right of I-40, sitting right behind a Cracker Barrel restaurant which is a big plus. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy the pool or fitness area or breakfast. The room, the beds, the bathroom were all ok. Nothing stood out as with most chain hotels but it was ok. I didn't sleep very well as the pillows were foam-type and lumpy.
I was thankful that the desk clerk assisted me when I called for our reservations instructing me that the 2nd floor was non-smoking while the 4th floor was smoking.
The reason I rated this a 4 is the layout of the room. The bathroom sink and vanity area is outside the bathroom where if someone is sleeping, the other person can't blow dry their hair or get ready without disturbing the other person.
The television is located in a weird position for viewing as it can't be seen from the far end if someone is in bed.
Also, this is a 2 queen suite which would indicate there are two separate people staying there. Pet peeve is that there is only one suitcase stand in room which one must put suitcase on floor or on bed which is not recommended when travelling.
The room has no personal detail or character to separate it from a chain-type hotel. It was clean with no weird smells or other signs of not being cleaned or cared for.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking rooms-2nd floor is non smoking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The only thing I can think of when I read the last review was a plant from an employee of Holiday Inn. We reserved this hotel for two Saturdays in a row using one of those discount websites that doesn't tell you which hotel it is until after you pay and we felt like we hit the jackpot considering the very low price we paid and the excellent condition of the hotel and the room. It was the cheapest 3 star hotel on the website. I'm guessing because Ashmore isn't as well known as places like the Holiday Inn, Best Western, or Comfort Inn they may have trouble booking rooms at the same price as the others, thus the cheaper price. We hope to stay here every time we need a room in Amarillo from now on.

The pros: Rediculously cheap price, nice quiet clean room, small refrigerator in room, excellent location, comfortable bed, immaculate grounds, and good breakfast.

The cons: Small bathroom (the coffeemaker had to be put under the sink), 4th floor hallway was not air conditioned (wasn't hot but wasn't cool either), and the breakfast area was crowded (only had 10 tables). I would imagine the small breakfast area is only a problem on holidays or weekends.

This hotel is definetely a solid 3 star hotel. It didn't have a big screen TV (had the old style 25 inch) and had fake but clean marble in the bathroom (as opposed to granite in a place like the Hampton), but the price is well worth it. I would highly recommend this hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Not that the view makes much differece, it is Amarillo, but a room on the floor floor even numbers w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashmore Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!