“Be careful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Amarillo Airport

You added Motel 6 Amarillo Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Amarillo Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4301 I-40 E, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #34 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Buda, Texas
“Be careful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

I booked this through hotels-guides.us. I thought I paid on line but was told when I checked in, that it merely held the room. What's the point in that?
They also told me I was reserving a Red Roof Inn. It was also on my confirmation sheet as Red Roof Inn. When I called information to get the number, they couldn't find a Red Roof Inn in Amarillo. I had to call the 800 number for R.R.I. and was then told it was a Motel 6. Since it was Saturday, I was forced to keep the reservation since there was virtually nothing for miles.
The R.R.I. was supposed to have WiFi, this didn't. It SEEMS like I saw something about a continental breakfast, Motel 6 had free coffee.
Shady traffic through the parking lot late at night. They could probably use some on site security.
Neither of the front desk people could tell me how to get out to an outdoor play in Palo Duro Canyon, only the biggest tourist attraction in the Texas Panhandle. They couldn't even get me to the highway that would get me to the play.
Other than that, the room was clean and a decent bargain.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Motel 6 and not Red Roof Inn
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Cajon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Stay far away from this place! After reading the reviews, we were very disapointed. This place was aging and icky. The room was small, the towels tiny and rough. The pool was old and cold. It was suppose to be heated. After a long day in the car we were ready to relax with a swim but it was too cold to be refreshing. The I-40 freeway on ramp was right outside our door. We got to listen to several sirens throughout the night. And the neighborhood was a bit unsavory for our taste. The bathroom was in good shape and clean but the carpet was not. It wasn't worth the bargain price. Pay more and stay somewhere else!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2005

My family and I stayed here on the way back from vaction. Surprisingly this was probably one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.
Checkin - OK. My rate was higher (online) then the one on the marquee outside. I specified 2 rooms one double beds and one king sized. No king sized bed. Ok w/ my in-laws, though.
Room - Immaculate. However, no frills. No pictures on wall, No shampoo, no hair dryer. Free coffee in lobby. Needed more towels, front desk provided instantly. TV - worked. No complaints. Had 3-4 HBO channels, but nothing for kids. Cartoon Network coming through as FoxNews.
Pool - locked. Not sure why. It's June in Amarillo, my kids want to swim.
Next door to hotel - Stockman's Restaurant. Great food, good price. Home cooking. Regular Chicken fried steak was huge. Drove by at breakfast, the place was packed. Close to Big Texan too, but at the time we got there w/ small kids, no way.
So, bring shampoo and you'll do fine.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Motel 6 Amarillo Airport? Share your experiences!