“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Amarillo Airport

You added Motel 6 Amarillo Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Amarillo Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4301 I-40 E, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
El Cajon, California
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Stay far away from this place! After reading the reviews, we were very disapointed. This place was aging and icky. The room was small, the towels tiny and rough. The pool was old and cold. It was suppose to be heated. After a long day in the car we were ready to relax with a swim but it was too cold to be refreshing. The I-40 freeway on ramp was right outside our door. We got to listen to several sirens throughout the night. And the neighborhood was a bit unsavory for our taste. The bathroom was in good shape and clean but the carpet was not. It wasn't worth the bargain price. Pay more and stay somewhere else!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2005

My family and I stayed here on the way back from vaction. Surprisingly this was probably one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.
Checkin - OK. My rate was higher (online) then the one on the marquee outside. I specified 2 rooms one double beds and one king sized. No king sized bed. Ok w/ my in-laws, though.
Room - Immaculate. However, no frills. No pictures on wall, No shampoo, no hair dryer. Free coffee in lobby. Needed more towels, front desk provided instantly. TV - worked. No complaints. Had 3-4 HBO channels, but nothing for kids. Cartoon Network coming through as FoxNews.
Pool - locked. Not sure why. It's June in Amarillo, my kids want to swim.
Next door to hotel - Stockman's Restaurant. Great food, good price. Home cooking. Regular Chicken fried steak was huge. Drove by at breakfast, the place was packed. Close to Big Texan too, but at the time we got there w/ small kids, no way.
So, bring shampoo and you'll do fine.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Motel 6 Amarillo Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Amarillo Airport

Address: 4301 I-40 E, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)
Location: United States > Texas > Amarillo
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Amarillo Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Motel 6 Amarillo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Amarillo
Motel Six Amarillo
Amarillo Motel 6
Amarillo Motel Six

If you own or manage Motel 6 Amarillo Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.