“Beautiful place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #5 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was quality hotel with an amazing room! The Check-in and Check-out process was very slow and had an issue with the site that we used to book the room (dummy card was declined, but the GM on site fixed the issue for us).
The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and all up to date. We booked the room only for one night, but after walking into the room, it might sound funny, but we stayed an extra night, that nice!!!
They have in indoor pool with hot tub, two grills outside to BBQ on, and were used! Nice little fitness center and laundry room with several washers and dryers for the guests. Over all it was nice stay and the rooms were very quiet! ;)

Room Tip: All rooms are good here!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

all the comforts of home and then some. We were graciously greeted by a nice young lady.Very spacious, comfortable, suitable, immaculate place to stay. So convenient off the highway and the breakfast was spectacular.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Norman, OKI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked the property based on the TA reviews and was not disappointed. This is a a great, relatively new hotel with several dining options nearby. The room I had was very nice, large and comfortable. Staff I interacted with were all very good. Breakfast was decent enough. A plus is the hotel sits off I-40 far enough that traffic noise was not an issue even though I had a room facing the interstate.

Most of the time when I book an IHG hotel I use Holiday Inn/Express and this was the first time I stayed at a Staybridge hotel. Will definately look for more opportunities to stay at a Staybridge when available.

I will certainly return to this hotel when I am back through AMA!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good - little traffic noise from I-40.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We arrived after 9:00 p.m. in Amarillo Texas in the middle of a long road trip and the hotel we normally stay at was full. No problem, we simply went to Trip Advisor and Staybridge suites was highly rated and they had vacancies. We had never stayed at a Staybridge suites before but we were pleasantly surprised. Way to go Trip Advisor family , you guys nailed it! Bright, clean, spacious rooms made for a superb nights rest before continuing on our trip the next morning.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Family of five needs extra room. On a family roadtrip, I booked this hotel as it looked to provide a bit of extra room. I lucked out with an upgrade to a two bedroom suite which was wonderfully large. My teenage kids cooked popcorn in the living room and stayed up late, not disturbing a good night's sleep for parents in the room next door. Outside in the courtyard, there is a fire pit and corn hole game -- very relaxing atmosphere. Clean, new, comfortable. Great family hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is only 3 years old so everything was in great shape and the decor was tasteful and pleasant. Our studio suite was large and comfortable although it didn't have an eating area, which seemed odd when it had a full kitchen. The one bedroom suite is a better choice if you plan on cooking. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and nice dog-walking areas.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I booked this nice hotel by buying a Priceline Express deal for $70. In the overall value-for-money I give it 4 stars, breakfast notwithstanding.

The Upside: The room was very large and comfortable. The A/C could be made Artic cold, or not. Wonderful. My spouse and I were travelling with our 20-something daughter, and we had a king-sized bed (very comfortable) for us and a pull out sofa for her. (The mattress was quite thin, but linens were available to make it up and she advised it was serviceable.) Wi-Fi was free--yea!--but pokey. The corridors are wide, and the building is quite new. Also, a pool, gym, and laundry facilities were available which we did not use. Breakfast was included too--or was it?---more on that below.
The Downside: This place is a bit tricky to find, but your GPS will get you here. Forget MapQuest. It's in a shopping center set back from the south side of the I-40 West access road.
The water in the kitchenette sink didn't work. It wasn't a problem for us, but it might be for someone else. We were assigned to a handicapped room. This was a completely neutral event for us (we are not handicapped) but the design of the showerhead, required one to submit to a hand held wand only because the showerhead had no downward curve to it. When hung on the bar, it shot straight out to the back of the tub, or into the room. The designer of this apparatus assumed that no handicapped person would stand in a tub and shower as non-handicapped people do. It seems a significant oversight to me. Nevertheless, my hair did get washed. I just couldn't dry it because the room had no hairdryer. What?! An inquiry to the front desk about a hairdryer yielded no such appliance.( I don't think I've stayed in a hotel room in the past 20 years that didn't have a hairdryer.)

So I went to breakfast with wet hair. Unfortunately, there wasn't much breakfast. Gossip whispered amongst the guests was that "the truck didn't come in yesterday" and therefore a paucity of possibilities presented themselves. I managed to snag a yogurt, some cantaloupe and honeydew, and a small bowl of raisin bran. (The bowls were nowhere near the cereal and I had to go on a treasure hunt for them.) My husband was aced out of the yogurt, and I heard that the eggs were nowhere to be found. While we certainly found enough to conjure a minimal breakfast, others coming after us were not so fortunate, and I overheard one guest asking a hotel clerk just what was going on. While not a catastrophe, this suggests to me that there is a management problem at this hotel. If "the food truck didn't come in" someone knew this well in advance of this morning's breakfast, and someone should have....gasp.....gone to the grocery store.

I have stayed in outstanding hotels, terrible hotels, and everything else in the middle. This Staybridge Suites is never going to be a 5 star hotel, but then it doesn't want to be, and it doesn't have a 5 star price. They should solve their management and logistics issues and move on to being a very, very nice place to put your head (even if it's wet) to sleep in Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing? Share your experiences!