“Dinner in Amarillo” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 427 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Outstanding wine cellar and light, fresh lunch and dinner menus in a great location in the middle of downtown. Outside tables and banquet space in addition to main seating area.
boston
“Dinner in Amarillo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Elk was excellent (and a small portion) and the fried green tomatoes were great. My bartender/waiter Chad was friendly and welcoming. Met a very interesting local person full of knowledge and character.

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Unique surprise downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Lots of place say "wine bar", and here in Amarillo I questioned what it would be like. But great presentation. Nice selection of chilled by the glass wines coming from a temperature controlled pour system. Greater wine list and selection, I think reasonably priced, but have to question thine pour size of 6 ounces, as it looked a little anemic to me, but I could be wrong. But the big surprise was the unique presentation on some standards. I had fried chicken breast that was big, plump and moist, with a most pleasant preparation and light tasty batter. Combined with creamed corn and drizzled with a honey...this combination of taste was off the chart. Wish I was here to try something else. Server was great, friendly and informative. Came by enough to refill my wine. Get off the highway and drive five minutes downtown to try this.

Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Amarillo Goes Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We needed a nice meal after a full day on the road and decided to give Crush a try. It seemed a little odd that there were no "2-top" tables when we came in, so we seated ourselves at a larger table that was open. The first thing the waitress mentioned to us was to say that if we weren't expecting any others in our party, would we mind moving if a larger group came in and needed our table. A bit odd, and it never happened, by the way. Salads and entrees were very good, and the wine list was extensive. Outdoor patio seating available and oddly, many people out there hitting the electronic cigarette/pipe things. I'd give it another try the next time I pass through Amarillo, as we're always looking for something local/non-chain off of the interstate.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Da bomb digg diggity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is my Friday spot. The meals are on point and relatively cost-effective compared to other top restaurants in town. Highly recommend the trout. Also the best wine selection in town, served by a great team.

Amarillo, Texas
“Great Food, Enjoyable Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have eaten here a couple times, with a friend, friends, and by myself at the bar. I can't say I've had a bad meal or any bad service! The wait staff is nice, laid back and helpful! I went in when I had just moved to town and these guys had all sorts of helpful information about where I should go and what was fun to do! The food is amazing! Their Saturday morning french toast was the best thing I've done for myself in awhile;) Took my sister here since she is super into wine and she was so impressed with their selection. Quinoa salad is pretty amazing too!

• Visited May 2014