Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3930 Interstate 40 East, I-40 at Grand Street, Exit #72-B, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Motel 6 Amarillo East)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Amarillo
Destin, Florida
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline as we drove across the country before my son starts college next week. We arrived around midnight, and weren't looking for much, just a bed to sleep for a few hours before we continued on. We checked in and went to our room. We turned the air on and black, moldy water spewed across the room. Too tired to complain, we turned the air to low, and the spray didn't reach the bed. When we pulled the blankets back, there was hair and dirt all over the sheets in both beds. They were used, dirty sheets! We went to ask for another room, and were denied. We asked for a refund and were again denied. We lost out on the money and had to spend more to get a decent bed to sleep in. Worst. Hotel. Ever!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Spend the extra to get a clean room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am the manager at Americas Best Value Inn, and I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience here the hotel and need to look into this in more detail. Please send me your name that you checked in under, date, and room. Please send the information to abvigrand@yahoo.com

Thank you very much and i look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After a long day of travel, we were ready for a room. Nothing fancy, just a place to sleep and get out of the car.
When we got there (it was pouring rain outside), the lady behind the counter said I had no reservation, even though I was holding the www.booking.com confirmation email in my hand. She insisted that I was at the wrong address. I wasn't. She decided to check her printer and fax machine one more time only to notice that they were out of paper. Viola! There was the confirmation.
After check in, we went to our room (still pouring rain). The stench of that room when we walked in would have made a skunk cringe. It smelled like rotten meat in a high school locker room. We went to complain to the desk, hoping for an air freshener and she was able to put us in another room. Phew! She moved us about 12 doors down and this time the room only had that run-down, musty motel smell. We didn't care, it was WAAAYYY better than the previous accommodation. We turned on the heater and the smell came back. Went back to desk and took clerk up on her previous offer of an air freshener. It helped a little, although one wonders why they offer air fresheners?
To shorten the ranting, the floors were filthy, remote didn't work, old fashioned television, shady neighborhood, shower leaked all night only to not turn on in the morning and there were bugs in our room. Loud jets flying overhead and an overall sense of danger was lurking the entire time. I'm pretty sure I witnessed a drug exchange in the parking lot next to my car.
I have never been so happy to put a hotel/motel behind me. I will NEVER stay at this property again and encourage others to steer clear of this hell hole.

Room Tip: Go next door. Seriously, plenty of other options.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a response to our hotel. I am sorry that you did not have a good stay with us, and have spoken to the staff with your complaint. I would like to do some more investigating on the issues you had and would appreciate it if you can send me the name under which the room was rented and date. Please email it to abvigrand@yahoo.com. And again i apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Thank you, AP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in July 2013 on my way home to Atlanta from Arizona. It was convenient and, based on my experience with other America's Best Value Inns, I decided to stay here after nearly 12 hours on the road. The lady that checked me in was very nice and the room was clean and cheap, but there were obvious signs of old water damage in the bathroom around the shower and the building overall looked old and in need of renovation. That was the biggest drawback to me. The overall look and feel of the place is old and dirty even though the room was pretty clean. It is also right next to the interstate and it was quite noisy all night. If all you need is a bed and bath for the night, this place will do, but just barely. I most likely would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response to your say with us. We are a older hotel but we are currently renovating the exterior. We are like you mentioned friendly, and clean and do hope that you will come back by and see all that we have done. Thank you, Manager
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have never written a review on anything. But this place needs to be CLOSED DOWN! The room smelled awful! The carpet was past Filthy! We had made reservations on as Orbitz. We arrived around 8p after driving about 10 hours. The outside looked really bad. The paint is peeling off and there was a very visible large hole in the roof....several shingles missing. I asked the . Clerk was the rooms clean and her response was.....here's a key. You may want to look before you go any further. We were very tired but not desperate! It took us over an hour to cancel the reservations. But we would have slept in our car before staying staying in this filthy DUMP!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a response to our hotel. We are currently renovating the hotel. We also were in the middle of a very large hail storm and now are working on getting that issued resolved. We do hope that you will come back and see all that we have done. thank you, Manager
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

met at counter with a man spitting into a pepsi bottle...ukukuku...the door was propped opened and the wind had tore the lamp shades to pieces....was not sure if the units were clean or not...burn holes in the bedspreads....did not smell fresh.....I think this hotel is for the truck stops next to the hotel....we stayed in American Suites for 5300 miles and this one needs to be shut down.....so glad to see the sun to come up so we could get out of there....we had 2 rooms....we should had asked for a refund when there was 2 tvs in our room and the carpet was filthy had to wash feet before getting in bed.......American Value...Get rid of this hotel....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. However, you have posted the review to the wrong location.. Thanks, Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotel/motels we have stayed in. There is a fridge and microwave but no PowerPoint to plug them into, no tissues, no rubbish big and the reception service is pathetic. Would not even rate it a one star. I booked and paid online and they wanted to charge me again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. I appologize that the Microwave and Fridge were not pluged in for you and will look into the issue. We are making every effort we can to resolve issues and appreciate the review. AL Patel
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Long story short: Avoid this place!

Negatives: very dirty rooms - dusty and mold all over the bathroom. Bed was charging myself with static electricity and to touch anything gave me a blast. Fun for first 5 minutes, annoying after that. Hope i did not bring bed bugs rom there. Even thought it is the cheapest, it is also the dirtiest motel I have ever visited. Breakfast is very poor, just toast bread and oatmeal.

Positives: Big Texan is just around the corner. Thee is also small bar attached where you can play pool and/or have a good price beer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Amarillo East/Grand Street? Share your experiences!