“Exactly what I expected for what I Paid” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Amarillo/Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2909 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79104   |
Ranked #40 of 67 hotels in Amarillo
Amarillo
“Exactly what I expected for what I Paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My sister and I were on a road trip recently and only stayed here for the night, but overall that one night was pleasant.
I booked on the Super 8 website in advance and was able to save around $10 on a non-smoking room with a king bed (I recomment doing this).
The room was spacious with a window that opened, which was nice to allow some fresh air in after being stuck in a car driving all day. However, the room was uncomfortably warm when we walked in so we decided to turn on the AC unit to help cool it down quicker. The knobs on the AC were so loose and finicky that it made it difficult to adjust the settings just right to kick it on. This made for a slightly frustrating moment, but it passed once I figured out "the magic touch". The lights in the room are also the new kind that take several minutes to "warm up" to full brightness (lame).
The bed was a little firmer than I like, but comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep.
They offer complimentary breakfast which includes hot items as well as the standard free muffin/cereal fare. I had the biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs, which were obviously not "homemade" but still tasty and filling. My sister chose to make her own waffles at their waffle station, with a waffle iron the shape of Texas. That made our breakfast all the more fun lol.
The worst part of our stay was the breakfast beverages. They offer milk, coffee, hot tea (bags to make your tea) and juice. The milk is 2% and was cold and good, however, the other offerings were atrocious. According to another guest the decaf coffee was cold. I went for the regular anyway 'cause I needed the caffeine. It was so bitter I thought I would have to give myself diabetes just with the amount of sugar I would have had to add to even cut halfway through the bitterness (undrinkable). The juices were supposed to be OJ and apple, but it was pure water coming out of those. I ended up drinking milk. I would have brought the beverage issues up to the desk clerk, but she was nowhere to be found when we were getting our breakfast (she also didn't come off as very friendly when checking in/out).
Overall, we would stay at THIS Super 8 again if we were passing through Amarillo. If you book on the website make sure you choose "Amarillo Central". There is one other Super 8 in town (we passed on our way to this one), but that one looks rundown, dirty and old.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very trashy women at front desk with tattoos down her neck. Very rude. Didn't Want to give us the price that was labeled online. She said she would have to charge us ten dollars extra just because spring break is coming up. The rooms do not even look worth half the price she wanted.

Stayed March 2014

Been to Super 8 Amarillo/Central? Share your experiences!