“DON'T STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Denver, Colorado
“DON'T STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The room was filthy!!! The wall had a huge white patch on it that appeared to be from a fist. Although we supposinly had a non-smoking room, the air was filled with smoke from the other guest. We felt like we had smoked a carton of cigarettes after our one night's stay.
The outside door entrance was disgusting and the garage can had not been changed in days!!!

DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Adirondacks NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean room. Just what to expect from a Microtel. Hall way was dirty . Not to far from highway and nice eating places. Ask for top floor turn on fan Break fast was good . Waffles in the shape of Texas . Our stay was alright nothing great . Beds were doable .

Room Tip: ask for top floor and turn fan on.
Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I smelled people smoking even though we were in a non smoking area and room. There was no ironing board in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice amenities, very cozy. Everything I needed. Sink, coffee, tv, control, shelving, fridge.
Great place

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter came down for a short visit over Easter weekend and when my children come I usually rent them a room at Microtel because it's close to my house, economical and nice looking. My house is small plus we like having a pool so the kids can swim. This weekend was different though as my daughter was in a wreck the first day here and injured her foot. Since we had already rented the room I took off work and stayed with her in the room. This is what I discovered about the little motel I had thought was a decent place for my children to stay.

They usually give me a senior discount but since I don't have AARP the clerk this time didn't think she should. I guess all the clerks before were just being nice. She was pleasant enough. When we got in the room I couldn't help but notice that it looked exactly like a hospital room. The only thing missing was the curtain between the beds. There were no lamps and a giant mirror running the entire length of the back wall with VERY bright lighting along the length of the mirror. There is a carousel microwave which doesn't rotate, an ironing board & iron, a blow dryer, a little wardrobe and no coffee maker or coffee. The sink faucet is defective. Nice little bar soaps and Pantene combination shampoo & conditioner is provided along with Vaseline hand cream.

The beds were very comfortable with nice white linens and three fluffy pillows on each bed. There is a faux bedspread at the foot of the beds and the comforter is a soft white. The beds were clean. Now about this bed. Two pieces of the frame were sticking out onto the isle. After whacking my right ankle on the one of the end three times I finally wrapped it in a towel to protect myself. Then later my left ankle found the center protruding frame and I got a good whack on that one, enough to warrant pain medication. Now both of my ankles are in pain. Both me and my daughter are laid up with ice on our feet and are feeling as though we're in some surreal movie where we're in a hospital/motel together, both with injured feet.

Since there's no lamps and recessed lighting about the room with very bright bulbs, we fashioned a shade out of a brown paper bag to hang between one of the lights and the room so we weren't constantly faced with glaring light. There is no where to escape in the room from a glaring light, no matter which light you turn on. I tried connecting to the wi-fi on the motel hot-spot of which I was disconnected within 4 minutes of use each time and had to log on again and again. After the fifth attempt I realized this was an exercise in futility.

The couple in the room next door fought all night and while the rooms seem to have concrete walls the sound was traveling through the hall. This noise was mingled with the screeching and moaning of what I thought to be an intake louvre on a giant air conditioner. It reminded me of the sounds dolls used to make when you'd press their belly and it would cry, except amplified about 100 times and prolonged, like a baby being tortured. This morning when I went to my car and there was a group of what appeared to be gang-bangers scaling the wall to the 2nd floor attempting to crawl into the window of the room where the couple fought the night before. Oh how memorable, not like any hospital I've ever seen, uh I mean motel.

For breakfast there's a little continental breakfast with small muffins, cereal, waffles, juice,coffee, toast, bagels and the accompanying condiments. There's no eggs, sausage or bacon. There are tiny frozen sausage biscuits and frozen burritos that aren't very edible. No fruit.

The traffic on this street is maniacal. The convenient store across the street should probably be avoided after dark as it seems to attract a lot of riff-raff. There is a KFC, Weinerscnitzel, Subway, Long John Silvers and many other fast-food joints nearby. There's a Cracker Barrel about 3/4 miles back up east on the I-40 frontage road. There's a Sam's Club a few blocks away and a Walmart about 2 miles away with a lot of other businesses. I paid $147 for two adults for two nights for a double.

So now I'm just laying here with my call light on, waiting for the nurse to bring me some pain reliever for my broken ankles and some sleeping pills to help me sleep through the noise. I'm glad to know my daughter will be getting good care for her foot and me for my ankles. Oh wait, that's right, this is a motel not a hospital.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo? Share your experiences!