“Very positive experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
West Farmington
“Very positive experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Wow, reading some of the negative reviews I can only surmise that this property must have been refurished not long before my stay. I found it clean and extremely comfortable, reasonably priced with a helpful staff. Instead of the usual airpots full of old coffee in the evenings they recently installed a push-the-button-make-it-fresh machine that dipensed GREAT coffee! A bonus when checking in late after a rough day.

Special kudos to Alex the night guy.... very friendly and accomodating and eager to rectify any issue that arises.

Room Tip: I prefer to have handy access to exits when staying in a property with hallways. A room in the rear...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here the nite of 7-29-11. Had had a positive experience @ a Microtel in Rogers, Ark. Didn't mind paying the $30.00 more in Amarillo than we had in Rogers, Ark. because we thought it would be worth it. WRONG!!! The glass side entrance door was greasy, finger prints all over it. The walk way to the door was littered with cigarette butts and other trash. The trash bin located next to the glass door was overflowing and foul smelling. Our room contained what looked like two way mirrors over the queen size beds. (We changed clothes in the bathroom). Felt very uneasy about these mirrors. The crowning blow was 4 or 5 areas of what looked like spittle, or someone had blown their nose or some other equally disgusting emission on the window curtain. I complained in writing to the management of the motel. I have written to Corporate headquarters and am expecingt absolutely NOTHING will be done. We paid $94.00 to stay in this motel which is equivalent of a New York City flop house. Avoid this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
midland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Got there very late at night after traveling in for a family emergency otherwise would not have stayed the one night there. First thing when I got there they did not have a reservation in the computer for me. Lucky I had my print out from the reservation I made online. Got to room and noticed there are huge two way mirrors over the beds. Very Creepy. I changed clothes in the bathroom only as I didn't see anything there suspicious. Had bug bites on me the next day. Hotel smelled of cheap perfume smell to cover up the smell of the hotel. Think I saw a man wearing glasses with a cigarette in his mouth on the other side of the two way mirrors who leaned back when I looked up toward the mirror. Very long night but was more afraid to try and find something that late at night not knowing my way around town. Called and reported this hotel to the police but don't know if they checked it out or not.

Room Tip: Sleep Inn is an awesome hotel for the price.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Athens, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Great place to stay with your pet. Personnel was friendly, rooms were just as pictured and bathrooms were very clean. They provided a nice breakfast and it was located around lots of restaurants. Price was right with AARP card. Stayed one night going to Colorado and liked it so much we booked another night on our return trip home.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

For the price this is a good and clean hotel I do recommend it, breakfast bar acceptable. Not a bad choice

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Bowie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel was one of the most courteous and commandating I have been in . We were booked in the Holiday Inn and they bumped us, which I have nothing good to say about Holiday Inn since I got no comendation from them for our inconvience but this hotel went beyond their call of duty to make us feel welcome. I can't say enough good about them. I would definately stay there again if I am back in Amarillo. We were with a Order of Eastern Star group and we do travel alot. Thanks for your great hospitality.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We arrived without a reservation, the room was clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk was pleasant at check-in/out. Breakfast choices were satisfactory with a variety of items to select from. We do feel we should have been given instructions on what to do in the event the tornado warning sirens sounded.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo? Share your experiences!