“More like Motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Grapevine, Texas
“More like Motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a get what you pay for type deal. It will get the job done, but don't expect Holiday Inn Express type cleanliness and amenities. Unfortunately, my room was dirty and had an unpleasant smell, but I have stayed in worse. Like I said, you shouldn't expect too much for less than $50.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are glad that you found our hotel to be a good value; however, we are disappointed to hear that our level of cleanliness did not meet your standards. To make sure your experience is not repeated, we will be working on a new cleaning procedure with our housekeeping team.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at amr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Port Arthur, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Booked it through Hotwire. Got awesome deal and this Is good value for money. I was happy with the reception and breakfast is grab n go. I got smoking room as hotel was over booked and still was able to sleep well. It has lot of eat out option near by.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that we could provide you with a comfortable, affordable stay.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I booked this stay on Hotwire. I got a very good deal on the room and as my final night of a 4 day moving trip this was by far the best stay. It was convient right off I-40 lots of restaurants within walk distance. (Which we did walk to) In our first room the window wouldn't go down but the front desk switched our rooms with no problem. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I loved the genuinely friendly staff, new contemporary look and appreciate the Grab & Go breakfast! Best location to walk to the movie theatre next door and restaurants within walking distance. The mall and shops are minutes away too!

Sara was an excellent staff member who was genuinely friendly and very helpful. A+ service!! Thanks for making me feel at home!

Room Tip: I used double bed the suite that had 2 TV's for the kids to set up both their Xbox 360 and Plays...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Traci - Thank you so much for posting such a great review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and our great location during your visit with us. As well, I'm glad that you were pleased with our updated look and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sunray, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at this location 5/1/14 after booking my room on (www.hotwire.com). It was one of those "pay before we tell you where you're going to stay, and save money" sort of deals. I'm usually a frequent LaQuinta Inn guest with my family - so I took a chance since I was traveling alone and wasn't really that particular about where I was going to stay.

I'd never even heard of Extended Stay America until my room was booked. I saw the reviews and was really nervous about the place. Once I arrived, however, I was very pleased. Check in did take awhile (some Irish travellers were renting four rooms spur of the moment, and were not being very kind or patient with Krysta at the counter) but that was not the hotel's fault at all. Once I was able to check in it went very quickly. I had a third floor room, and it was only a few steps from the elevator, thankfully.

I was REALLY surprised -- the room was very clean!!! The air was on so it was very comfortable inside. The bathroom was very well stocked with towels, the refrigerator/microwave/coffeepot/toaster was a great convenience. The kitchen was super clean and was stocked with utensils. The t.v. was great, the bed was firm but there were a lot of pillows. And the linens were very very clean. I did make a run to Wal-Mart to get shampoo (because this place doesn't leave shampoo?) and soap (because theirs was way too moisturizing, go figure!) I wasn't able to hear any traffic outside despite how close I was to the interstate. My hallway was very quiet all night. The only noise I encountered was the loud snorer next door. To the hotel's credit, this snoring guy was probably heard two counties over. LOL Was NOT their fault!)

Checkout was fast. breakfast looked great but I was in too much of a hurry to stop due to my appointment. KRYSTA at the front desk is SUPER sweet and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room during your visit. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen. Please know that toiletries are available at the front desk, should you need them in the future. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Hurst, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We got there late, so it was not possible to change hotels that night, but we changed the following day! The entire property looked dirty. The 'grab and go' "breakfast" is a joke! For a property that is priced in line with select service properties, Extended Stay is WAY OVERPRICED for what it offers. Additionally, the construction appeared to be cheap, so the property was noisy. Also, although they were pleasant, the front desk staff did not seem knowledgeable, and were certainly not empowered to deal with customer service issues that required decisions.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry that you experienced noise disturbances during your visit. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at amr@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We only stayed here for one night but we had previously stayed at Extended Stays in Houston TX and in Centennial CO so I had something to compare it to. We arrived late as we drove up through a rare TX ice storm but the front desk staff could not have been more accommodating. We had booked two rooms and while they weren't near each other it wasn't a problem for us. The room was clean, the carpet was not filled with stains and we were in a room for pets. The hotel was quiet and the entire staff friendly. It was so late when we checked in I really didn't pay attention to the billing. On the way out the next morning we walked past the front desk with our dog and cat. When I booked the room over the phone I had told them I had two pets. Upon check out the girl pointed out we had not been charged the pet fee but told me not to worry about it. I was expecting to be charged the fee so that was a nice and pleasant surprise. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and also for its location. It's just off the highway right before you leave the main strip area. It's close enough to plenty of restaurants and supermarkets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed our location and your clean, quiet room. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our entire staff to be friendly during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you and your pets again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West? Share your experiences!