“Clean and Accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Aurora, Colorado
“Clean and Accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We only stayed here for one night but we had previously stayed at Extended Stays in Houston TX and in Centennial CO so I had something to compare it to. We arrived late as we drove up through a rare TX ice storm but the front desk staff could not have been more accommodating. We had booked two rooms and while they weren't near each other it wasn't a problem for us. The room was clean, the carpet was not filled with stains and we were in a room for pets. The hotel was quiet and the entire staff friendly. It was so late when we checked in I really didn't pay attention to the billing. On the way out the next morning we walked past the front desk with our dog and cat. When I booked the room over the phone I had told them I had two pets. Upon check out the girl pointed out we had not been charged the pet fee but told me not to worry about it. I was expecting to be charged the fee so that was a nice and pleasant surprise. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and also for its location. It's just off the highway right before you leave the main strip area. It's close enough to plenty of restaurants and supermarkets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed our location and your clean, quiet room. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our entire staff to be friendly during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you and your pets again soon.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very basic and safety is a issue. Sketchy people staying here and parties in this paper thin walled motel made it bad but the worst is the night someone was threatening someone down the hall and said he was going to shoot him with his gun. Yup, I had to stay at this place cause my company put me up there. Should have left after that incident. There are better places at this price with much better security. This place is a junkies dream.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the noise disturbances that you experienced during your stay with us. I met with the entire staff to review our guest protocol to ensure that your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please do not hesitate to contact me at amr@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the feedback. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Amarillo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

No hot water and internet is not good at all unless you pay $4 a night. If you want to stream on your device, this is not the hotel for you. The water starts out hot, but after 1 minute turns lukewarm then cold. Staff said they would look into the problem, but didn't. I have several other ppl staying here, and they are having the same trouble with hit water.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the lack of hot water is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been in contact with our vendor to come up with a solution for the unexpected lack of hot water and to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at amr@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
TEXAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I needed to catch some sleep before heading on to New Mexico. We got a great deal on this hotel at price grabber. Our room was clean, beds were fine, and we liked having a mini kitchen. The manager on staff that evening was friendly and helpful. We didn't mind the grab and go breakfast at all. We will stay here again. Nothing fancy, but it was clean, quiet, and comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast as well!

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!"
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked into this hotel at 2 am on a sat morning. After looking around we found hair, blood stains, other brown stain s and dirt all over the carpet to the point where I could not take off my shoes. I travel for a living, been in 30 different countries and stayed in 100s of hotels in the US and this is a first. This hotel will be reported first thing when I get back home. Do not stay here. I took a dozen pictures and will be uploading them so everyone can see.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the state of the carpet in your room. In response to your feedback, I am replacing the carpet and recliner in that room immediately. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at amr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My two nights were the worse I have ever spent in a hotel. The staff was rude and did not offer any help. You have to lie to say what they have is a breakfast. I will quit my job before I stay here again and certainly would never let any friends stay here,

Room Tip: They do not have a fitness center or swimming pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. It upsets me to hear that our staff did not provide you with friendly customer service. In response, I am going to coach the entire team on how to better assist our guests and do so in a professional manner moving forward. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed having access to a fitness center and pool while staying with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at amr@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at the Amarillo Extended Stay the night before we moved to Dallas. We got the lowest priced room to get a feel, and found it to be much like a regular motel room...and too small for the "extended stay" we anticipated while house-hunting in Dallas. Sara at the front desk was particularly helpful in finding a suite for us in Dallas. She was very pleasant, and spent an extraordinary amount of time on her reservations computer finding a suite for us in Dallas. Many of the Extended Stay sites were booked full and she kept searching while first my wife, then I left to pack our bags and our cat in the car for the trip to Dallas. She found the only one available in North Dallas for us. She was great and we are most appreciative of her outstanding customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! I truly appreciate your comments regarding the helpfulness of our staff. We strive to provide every guest the best possible experience while staying at our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West? Share your experiences!