“Plesant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Winnsboro, Texas
“Plesant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was Impressed from time i walked intoo the loby.was greeted warmly with A welcome and have too tell you was inpressed with the clenleness of the room .Each time I passed the desk I got A warm good morning or good afternoon. location is awesome verry nice theater next door plenty of good resteraunts close by and post office great location. once agtin thanks extended stay. You will love Sara Christine kelsey Lindsey and Audrey. They are all great hosts

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that the staff has been so welcoming, and that you have had a pleasant stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved my clean room, loved Sara Garza! She was the most delightful, friendliest and helpful GSR during my extended stay! She always had a smile on her face, every single time I went to the front desk...which was often! Five stars for Sara, for sure.

Holly Martin

• Stayed December 2012
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
thank you for your wonderful survey on Sara. We aggree she rocks. She really takes her job seriously and she works hard to make our guests happy! We hoep you will come back soon and see all our wonderful staff again
Franklinton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Currently an out of town worker, and have stayed at other Extended Stay in Tucsan,Arizona. This one is far superior and all the employees are very kind and helpful. The GSR Sara is on top of her duties and when some minor kitchen repairs were needed she saw to it that once parts were attained they were installed. She is very friendly and outgoing and when in a foreign place, makes one feel a little more like home. Her smile is infectious and nice to see after a hard day at work. Because of my 12 hour work days and leaving at 4a.m., Sara sees that I get a bit of the snacks from the morning event, in the evening for my next morning. I do miss the coffee but on sundays I drink 2 cups while relaxing.
I am physically challenged, due to back fusion. Cannot bend down so staff arranged kitchen microwave to be put on table so no bending allowed.
I certainly like the convenience of movie theater and food establishments within walking distance. The area feels quite safe compared to many others i have encountered.
I will certainly continue to use this as a place to stay during my employment in Amarillo and any other time I come back here.

Room Tip: North side rooms for me in this part of country feel safer, due to threat of tornados. Handicap room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous reviews, I was afraid I had made a mistake staying here. Pulling up and parking didn't easy my feeling either. Building looks a little dated outside. However, once we walked in the door and was greeted by the staff things looked up. The room was clean and loved the kitchen. Only bad thing is the cleaning crew could have did a little bit better job on the bathroom. Spent two nights here and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013

I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am an out of town worker staying here for 7 weeks and already for the first week of being here it feels like home,and nothing but kindness and welcome warmth from the workers at the front desk every morning before I leave for work, Sara who is a GSR is Exquisitly on top of her game, she maintains communication with me about when my bill for the next week will be due, also when the taxes will increase or decrease, she also every time I pass her asks me if I have any problems with my room and if there is anything she can do for me.For example she copied 30 front and back copies of paperwork for me as well as other paperwork copies. I also enjoy the new guick on the go coffe and snacks due to me having to leave early in the morning, Kelsy, and the other ladies whos names I have not really remembered quite yet have also done a superb job at the hotels cleanliness integrity and making it a point to have maintain a professional as well as personal interest in taking care of thier tenants. I know I am writing this review early but I am supremely confident that this review would only get better.

Thank you for your hospitality Room 217 Nathaniel Phillips w/ Riley Industrial Services
Sara Keep up the good work, as well as you all

Room Tip: there may not be a pool or a weight room but the price and quality of the stay is well worth it with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I came to Amarillo and i was so out of place i've stayed at extended stay in NY and FL but ive never been treated so well and had some go as far as Sara did from direcetions and maps to restaurants, enterprise and more she time out took and went out of her way to help me. I tryed to give her tips and she would just would say "I don't need extra money for doing my job" I travel a lot and i know how workers are. I have Starwood preferred, I have Marriot and Hilton double tree cards and i've payed a lot more money for worse service in these "luxury" hotels. I'm going to forward this e-mail in hopes that someone some where gives this woman some tip of recognition, i found this site by mistake but in glad i got to tell someone other than my co-workers how good a job she does here, because of her good work ethics 5 of my co-workers changed over to extended from other hotels here in the Amarillo area they moved from Marriott courtyard and they all agree to the point they all knew who she was even before i introduced them. Thank you Sara-GSR for all you've done for us, i think you deserve to run the place so everyone can learn from you.

Room Tip: Try on-line and then call to get the best rates they usually match them if you call or come in and a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for a night whilst cycling across the USA on Route 66. Amazingly friendly staff and a super clean and comfortable room with everything I could possibly need and more! What a great find... The other hotels close by were not very welcoming at all and priced way too high for what they are. They have done a major overhaul of the hotel and everything is new including all the carpets. If you stop here stay at this hotel, best price and best sleep I have had in some time. Close to food places which is great after cycling all day. Free Wifi too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Been to Extended Stay America - Amarillo - West? Share your experiences!