“Tasty donuts, excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 427 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Bakery
Dubuque, Iowa
“Tasty donuts, excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Vacationing in Amarillo, we chose to have breakfast at the Donut Stop on Route 66. Not only were the donuts well priced (below Dunkin Donuts prices), but the customer service was very welcoming and friendly. When no sprinkle donuts were on the shelf, the woman helping us asked the woman making the donuts to make up three with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. We got to watch her make them right in front of us as we waited, and they were warm and delicious when we bit into them moments later. Do beware, the chocolate is VERY chocolatey, so if you're not a chocoholic, you may not want to order the double chocolate donut. From cake donuts to cinnamon twists, all of the donuts we sampled were delectable, and filled us up for the entire morning. We will go back again if we find ourselves back in Amarillo.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Worth, TX
“Who Would Think You Can Be Giddy Over Doughnuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had no idea what to expect when we parked and walked in. We soon figured out this wasn't your ordinary donut store. People in line ahead of use were ordering multiple dozens at a time. When in Rome,do as the Roman... So we ordered a dozen for the three of us. These were the best donuts, fritters and cinnamon rolls I've ever eaten. We live 300-plus miles south of Amarillo. The Donut Shoppe almost makes me want to drive back there just for donuts!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't miss the best donuts ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I tried this donut shop based on the reviews and I was glad I did. I do believe these are the best donuts I've ever tasted. We went to the one at I-40 and Bell. The architecture reminded me of a donut, inside and out which I thought was cute. But, most of all, I thought the donuts were the tastiest!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Would go back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The doughnuts were better than Dunkin Doughnuts. Above average in friendly service and very reasonably priced. We really liked the cinnamon clusters.

Visited June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“The best donuts ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Absolutely loved this place. Clean, old and great food! I have never had a buttermilk donut like this and the plain glazed were amazingly light! My wife's chocolate cake was still warm, but still had plenty of icing. Two great places we found in Amarillo, here and Tyler's BBQ! Easy on and off of freeway,sw corner Bell and 40!

• Visited June 2014