“amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Amarillo
Commerce City, Colorado
“amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is wonderful I been here for two weeks on a family vacation and all the staff is friendly as can be varum and Priscilla are great wonderful people very nice and sweet overall this hotel is amazing

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Silverthorne, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

While I have already reviewed this excellent hotel once before, I felt it was worth another review. I just returned from Amarillo and another perfect stay at this lovely hotel. I love the fact that each time I arrive I am greeted by the same staff members in the same friendly and professional manner as each time before. The staff is always accommodating, the hotel spotless and updated and the rooms clean, comfortable, quiet and well appointed. My trips to Amarillo are usually a bit stressful so having a quality place to unwind in at night is a huge relief and so appreciated. Perfect location just off I-40 & Soncy but far enough away to not hear the interstate noise with plenty of restaurants, a multi screen cinema, shopping and medical center complex within a short walking or driving distance.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very nicely updated hotel in contemporary style. Friendly staff, lots of choices for breakfast. They even had an evening reception with free drinks and appetizers. Downsides: when we checked in our room the toilet wasn't flushing so we had to wait to be moved to another room and we were on a tight schedule to meet family while in town. They moved us to a handicapped accessible room, so the shower head was lower and difficult to operate, and the bathroom fan didn't work. Also, pool was only open from 10 am to 10 pm which makes it hard to get energy out for little kids if you arrive late or have to get up early. And when I first looked at hotels on trip advisor 3 days ago, the price jumped by $20 the next day and another $20 the day after!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I guess I was expecting more from Holiday express hotel but was disappointed. The hotel staff was not very friendly, cleaning people left their carts in the middle of the hallway, and I like to put my dirty clothes in the plastic laundry bag found in most hotels except this one. At breakfast the next morning the one lady setting up food could not keep up so there were times we had to wait too long for her to refill. The apple juice came out as water. Over all I was. It impressed and would likely find another hotel should I come back to Amarillo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Varun C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Mushmom2

Holiday Inn Express Amarillo West Team
Folsom, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are impressed by having a TV in the bathroom, stay here. The staff here is rude and unwelcoming. Angie, who checked us in, was not only rude to us but also to the people in line behind us who didn't have a reservation. I asked for pool towels because the rack was empty and the girl just kept saying they were by the pool. When I insisted there weren't any and I needed two towels for my kids she took a stack of towels and carried them to the pool, without handing any to me. She also didn't say anything when she saw there really was no pool towels. The hotel has an evening reception, but nobody informed us and we only found out by accident because we needed to grab something out of the car. The next morning the girl in the breakfast room looked me straight in the eye when I asked if they had any spoons, then she ignored me and walked off. When I informed the assistant manager about the rudeness of his staff, he said he would award us some extra Priority Club points for our trouble. We not only didn't receive those points, we didn't get out Platinum welcome points, nor did they report our stay to Priority Club so we could receive our member points. I am not sure how they earned such a high rating, but that was not our experience. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Varun C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear cejaje

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and the Staff has been spoken to. If you could please contact us so that we can look into your reservation and make sure that your points have been credited for your stay.

Holiday Inn Express Amarillo West Team
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited this hotel for one night driving to Texas. The interior was new and immaculate, the staffing friendly, the breakfast the usual but well staffed. We were able to walk nearby to dinner.

We were behind a bus load of people getting breakfast five minutes before breakfast even opened ... but the staff was on top of things, opening early, and bringing out more food to keep it well stocked for everyone.

We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have high ceilings and appeared to be quiet.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Booked this hotel the night we drove into Amarillo. Beautiful lobby, great staff, clean rooms and free breakfast. My husband and kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well. It is also a great location...lots of restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West? Share your experiences!