“A 10 in all areas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Denver Co
“A 10 in all areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel is brand new! It rates a 10 from me, not just because it is new, but because of all the other things that make a hotel great. The colors used in the hotel are pleasing and relaxing, like a spa! The rooms, I had a king suite, are large and very comfortable. Great desk area, comfortable sofa and easy chair. Easy wireless access. The beds are extremely comfortable, they would give Marriott a run for their money if there was a poll. The bathrooms are terrific, they even have a flat screen TV---great to watch the news or weather channel if you are traveling. The hotel lobby is done in the same soothing colors as the rooms. Off to one side is a business center, featuring MAC, something not normally found in hotels. There is a bright pool area with lots of windows, not the dungeon like pools in some hotels. Also there is a fitness center. The breakfast area is large with tables and chairs and a counter with plug-ins for your computer. Oh, there is a pancake machine that I have not seen anywhere else, check it out. Breakfast is the typical fare but seems so much better because of the surroundings. As far as location, it is slightly difficult to find at night because it is not located immediately off the Interstate but not so far as to be inconvenient. As a matter of fact, just cross Alameda Blvd and you will find a movie theater, multiple restaurants and another Holiday Inn Express (do not confuse it with this one). And finally, the attention of the staff is outstanding. They are all dressed professionally, something lacking in many hotel/motels and their of attention to your needs is top notch. I checked in around 8pm and Walt was outstanding in helping me find a restaurant and making sure I had what I needed in the way of information about the hotel and the area. I say, Congratulations to the Owner of this hotel. Holiday Inn Corporation take notice, this is the way to win back customers.

Room Tip: Cross Alameda Blvd and cut through the theater parking lot to access a multitude of restaurants. Ea...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

EVERYONE was beyond fantastic! We were fortunate enough to be guests of the hotel on their 10th day open. The hotel was immaculate - but more than just the clean you'd expect from a brand new hotel. The appointments were classic, soothing, and well thought out. They made you want to stay and relax. The extra touches did not go unnoticed. The room doors have special seals on them that, once the door closes, the bottoms seal out light from the hallway. That's an extra touch my husband LOVED! And they're a very eco-friendly hotel - all of the wallpaper, tiles, etc is "green". It's nice to know people care about our environment. The customer service was unmatched! We've never felt more valued - and my husband travels extensively, and we were treated the same as if not better than we have at 5-star hotels. The cookies and pastries were a nice touch upon our arrival. Breakfast was delicious, and I was impressed with the wide variety of teas available both downstairs and in the room. Unfortunately this was the first hotel we stayed at during our trip across the country, and with each new hotel stay we were more and more disappointed we couldn't take this one with us. We couldn't recommend this hotel more highly! We even commented that we plan to drive a few hours and take mini-vacations just to stay there and relax away from the hustle and bustle that is our lives. Thank you, Varun and staff, for such a wonderful experience! You can rest assured we will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

This was by far the best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at, I stay in Holiday Inn Express all over the US. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2011
Woodward, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Hotel Is Brand New, Extremely Clean, Very Comfy Beds, Great Breakfast, Located close to any kind of food you could want and the Customer Service Is The Best I Have Ever Seen. Varun & Karli were very nice and accommodating to me and the 7 other people working with me. We all moved from other motels ( Drury & Hampton ). We are very happy with our choice and would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for an one night stay or three month stay like we are.

Room Tip: Every Room Ive Seen Here Is EXCELLENT!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Varun, Christian and Helen provided execellent customer service and made me feel relaxed and at home away from home. They were very warm and professional and to me that was important because I was very sleepy and needed rest. Thank You.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Its not every day you get a chance to stay at a Brand New Hotel, this was my opportunity and it turned out to be AWESOME!!!! Very Modern and impressive decor greeted me upon arrival. The fresh cookies were a big hit with my kids...was wishing for milk though!!! :( But....they made up for no milk with the great gift bag I got at check in. Staff was so nice and friendly. The GM was at the desk greeting everyone and shaking hands. When we made it to the room...it was so spacious. My kids cannot stop talking about the TV in the bathroom. I really appreciate that Karli knocked and brough us up extra towels when we mistakenly used room towels at the pool, she was so nice and stated it was no problem. Overall Impressive Hotel, Staff, Room, and amenities. We were visiting a realtive at BSA, staying at this hotel really made the trip comfortable for us! I appreciate!

Room Tip: Ask for a viewing of the Presidentail Suite if available!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West? Share your experiences!