“Worth the visit just for the decor,” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 408 Restaurants in Amarillo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amarillo, Texas
“Worth the visit just for the decor,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, fair service, and lousy food. I am a local and keep coming back to this place for the decor and the BATHROOMS! But if the food stays this pitiful, I may give it up. Amarillo could so support a place like this if it just had even really decent food. Beautiful red leather in the bar, chandeliers, waterwall, and the glass art in dining. It's almost worth going there to check out the bathrooms -- black rock walls, heated seats, bidets, (Gotta check this out ladies, and the guys say theirs is pretty cool also!). The food runners are clueluss as to who orders what, so food delivery is a real bingo game, one of our party was served way late, then got the wrong order. Stay away from any stir fry-- mine was way old and cold. I've had the lemon chicken and honey shrimp, both are fair, but just deep fried meat with sauce. They have swordfish on the menu, but it is never "available". Prices would be fine, and the menu isn't bad, but the quality of the food is not good and seems to be getting worse.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Amarillo, Texas
“Great restaurant with a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I had heard of this restaurant for months and finally went there thinking it was a fairly informal place to eat. In reality, it was very up-scale with a wonderful contemporary atmosphere. I highly recommend getting a mix of skewers and sushi for appetizers. Just because this restaurant is in Amarillo (people don't give seafood much of a chance in this town) does not mean you should discount their seafood dishes either. I had the seafood sampler and it was fantastic - calamari, scallops and shrimp in a vegetable medley with a bit of Szechuan heat for flavor. My wife had the duck, and it was terrific too. The uplit waterfall wall outside was a terrific touch to the atmosphere. Highly recommend this great place to anyone looking for an eclectic range of asian cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
Lancaster, Ohio
“A welcome discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Talk about serendipity. We got off I-40 in Amarillo for a quick lunch but long lines greeted us at every place we tried. And then there was Kushi Yama, a handsome building with few cars in the lot. What a great find. The comfortable dining room faced a wall of cascading water. Not a bad way to relax while waiting for our food.

We weren't starving and chose apps and sides. My wife's green papaya salad had a nice crunch and reasonable heat. My dragon roll of tempura shrimp, cucumber, avocado, yamagobo root and eel was good looking and tasty with its unagi sauce. Her side of fried tofu with garlic had an interesting blend of spices and was nearly grease free while my wok-tossed egg noodles with assorted veggies and pleasant sauce was a light meal in itself.

Our waitress was enthusiastic about the menu and the chef and made us want to consider a return visit on our next trip to the Texas Panhandle. But I'll probably bring a flashlight; the hallway to the restrooms was amazingly poorly lit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“BEST EVER in Amarillo!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Our minds are blown by how phenomenal the food is here! The signature roll made by a Michelin Star chef - the Kushi Yama is the best I've ever had. Ever! The Lady Boss drink is over the top! The crab Rangoon is also the best we've ever tasted made with real crab. Compared to any metropolis this restaurant would stand out - considering its in the TX Panhandle it stands far above anything we could have imagined here! Don't pass this place up!

Madrid, NM
“An oasis in Amarillo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once again after a long trip through tx and la, I had the pleasure of stopping in Amarillo for world class asian tapas and sake. Service was incredible and the food was even better. So, if you are road tripping thru Amarillo don,t miss out.