“Interesting Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 436 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had never been to Rudy's before so the hostess was happy to give us a run down of how they serve up food. Things are plated by the pound, you purchase sides separately. They have brisket, ribs, turkey, etc. We had brisket sandwiches with potato salad, slaw, and beans on the side. We enjoyed everything except the beans which were more like pinto beans compared to BBQ baked sweet beans we have in the south. We also tried peach cobbler, chocolate and banana pudding. All were pretty delicious. Definitely would eat here again for the atmosphere and the way you get your food in a drink crate. You also watch them cut your order right in front of you. Try it if you're ever in Amarillo!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

So i am heading to Phoenix, July 4th week and had to stop at Rudy's for some brisket. I usually get the moist. Since we were in a hurry I got it to go. When I started traveling i determined that i received the lean by mistake. On my next pass thru Amarillo the following week, I stopped in again for breakfast. I mentioned the mix-up to the gentleman at the cash register not expecting anything to be comped to me. It just happened to be the location GM Chris Krancher. He proceeded to buy breakfast and apologize for the mix-up. I was not expecting anything !!! What great customer service from this location and specifically Chris. Things you can only expect from Rudy's. That's why I stopped there again.and will continue when I travel West !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great flavor of Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stopped in just to grab a fast to-go order. The BBQ was very good. The creamed corn was outstanding, The cobbler was very good. The staff was excellent! I told them I had 2 dogs and asked if I could buy some fat ends from the beef. They handed me a HUGE x-large cup full of meat! My dogs had treat from this for 3 days!! I have been told it is a chain but a good one at that in my books! I would 100% go back and maybe even go a wee bit off route to get there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fritch, Texas
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love everything about Rudys, especially the brisket or the chicken or the ribbs. Just everything is super delicious.

Visited July 2014
Amarillo, Tx
“Reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Look it's Rudy's, barbecue, not haute cuisine. And Rudy's does it well! I've always gotten good service and the good food at a decent price. What else do you want?

Visited June 2014