“The Best Stay Of All Times!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Lubbock, Texas
“The Best Stay Of All Times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Overall, just one of the best Hotels I have stayed in a long time and I travel all over West Texas! My company has just switched to this hotel as our host hotel. The price, great staff, clean rooms and free breakfast are things no other place in Amarillo can compare to. I love this place.....

Room Tip: Staff is one of the best I have been around in a long time...Overall knowledge for wine & spirit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Cody K,

We are glad to make such an impression that your company has switched over to us. We pride ourselves on guest service scores, immaculate rooms and know how important starting the day off with a nutritious breakfast is to our corporate travelers, as your busy day forces you to often have to skip lunch. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and can't wait to see you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I walked in I was impressed. The fire place was going, there were happy people all around. There is a bar and restaurant that downstairs. My kids ate free so it was easy on my wallet and we were able to eat in our room and all of the food was delicious. There is a good size pool that is catered for kids which was nice with an employee on hand. My kids just would have been happy if it would have been open all night because of the slide, and sprayers and toys lol!! The bartender Cody was wonderful, very attentive to everyone in the bar even with it being busy. The room was amazing!!! Very clean and welcoming!!! We will definitely be staying there again!!!

• Stayed December 2012
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Glamformoms,

We are a very kid friendly hotel and glad to hear they had a great time. Kids eat free is a great promotion we do here and glad we could help your wallet. The lifeguard is only there during slide hours, but we sure love having her to keep everyone safe. thank you so much for the review and can't wait to see you soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn on our way through Amarillo this month. Typically we are Hyatt people but decided to give it a shot. To our pleasure it was an absolutely fantastic stay! The hotel is very nice and the customer service was amazing. At check in the receptionist was very kind and recomended the in house restaurant. We are not very familiar with Amarillo so we decided to take her advise and give "Flame" a shot. It was great the food was exceptional and we ended up having a great conversation with Cody about wine. He is truly a shinig star there! We actually stayed an extra day and got to check out the area and came back to find that they have a great happy hour as well. Again Cody was there and greeded us by name and really showed that he loves what he does!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean J,

It is great that you and your wife's first trip to Amarillo went well. Service is a key standard in this hotel and we take a lot of pride in it, so it makes us all feel warm when we read reviews like this. Our front desk agents always strive to give service like this and Cody has a extensive food and beverage background. I am glad we could make for a great stay and will hope to see you soon.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really dig this property. Who would have thought pork tamales!!! muy delicioso!!! plus the fact that my kids ate for free really made me like this place even more. Just a place we stopped through in amarillo, found it entertaining, movie theatre the same parking lot. Now as for the property itself, clean modern bathrooms (surprised), and the staff was generally helpful and courteous. Jareth in their property restaurant was top notch server, as i have been in the same industry for quite sometime, he went above and beyond as well as the Manager. Couldnt stay long enough but had to go, next time i wont hesitate to stay a lil longer, breakfast was something special. thanks guys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John R,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and at the Flame restaurant, we don't have tamales often, but when we do they are a hot item. It is a Holiday Inn standard that kids eat free, I hope you were able to take them to the pool area. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I had my 30th birthday party this past weekend at the Holiday Inn West and I cannot say enough wonderful things about my event. The entire staff went above and beyond all expectations. My jaw dropped when i first walked into the banquet room. Cody took the ideas I had envisioned and then personally oversaw that every last detail was perfect. He even added some things that I hadn't thought of.
I had over 30 friends come to the party and they loved how fabulous everything looked and how delicious the food tasted. I felt like a princess as we danced the night away.
I highly recommend the HI West Medical Center as the site for your next party or event. They took great care in making sure that this new decade of my life started out with an amazing party.

• Stayed January 2013
Gigi_m14,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We know how important a 30th birthday is and glad we could exceed your expectations on your special day. We know you have many places to choose from, thank you so much for making us your choice. Happy Birthday and hope to see you back soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were not disappointed in this hotel and will stay here again if in Amarillo. It was in a great location for us, near good restaurants and there is a huge movie theater complex just across the parking lot from the hotel. Although I did not get a chance to partake, there was a nice bar in the lobby and the hotel restaurant had a decent breakfast (although the pancakes were a little undercooked). Rooms exceptionally clean, staff was cheerful and helpful. Great decor in the lobby and in the rooms. Well done, Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistlersgirl,

Thank you for the feedback. We love the hotel decor as well, we feel it really sets up apart from the rest. We are considered to be in "restaurant row" of Amarillo with many great choices to choose from and having the theatre next door is a great treat for our guests. I am sorry to hear about your pancakes, that is not acceptable and I will make sure proper changes are made so it doesn't happen again. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last weekend and enjoyed every minute of my stay. From the complimentary breakfast to hanging out by the fire pit on the patio for after dinner drinks, everything was terrific The hotel restaurant (Flame, I think it's the name) had great service and great food. I recommend staying at this hotel and I will be back when I go to Amarillo again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MikeStone1980

Thank you so much for your review. The patio area is the most unutilized area of the entire hotel, yet one of my favorites. The fire pit is a great feature, we just had a party a few weeks ago and we used it to make smores for the kids. It is great to hear you had a great stay and we hope to be your hotel of choice during you next business travel to Amarillo.

Been to Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center? Share your experiences!