“Fabulous Birthday weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Fabulous Birthday weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I had my 30th birthday party this past weekend at the Holiday Inn West and I cannot say enough wonderful things about my event. The entire staff went above and beyond all expectations. My jaw dropped when i first walked into the banquet room. Cody took the ideas I had envisioned and then personally oversaw that every last detail was perfect. He even added some things that I hadn't thought of.
I had over 30 friends come to the party and they loved how fabulous everything looked and how delicious the food tasted. I felt like a princess as we danced the night away.
I highly recommend the HI West Medical Center as the site for your next party or event. They took great care in making sure that this new decade of my life started out with an amazing party.

• Stayed January 2013
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Gigi_m14,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We know how important a 30th birthday is and glad we could exceed your expectations on your special day. We know you have many places to choose from, thank you so much for making us your choice. Happy Birthday and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were not disappointed in this hotel and will stay here again if in Amarillo. It was in a great location for us, near good restaurants and there is a huge movie theater complex just across the parking lot from the hotel. Although I did not get a chance to partake, there was a nice bar in the lobby and the hotel restaurant had a decent breakfast (although the pancakes were a little undercooked). Rooms exceptionally clean, staff was cheerful and helpful. Great decor in the lobby and in the rooms. Well done, Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistlersgirl,

Thank you for the feedback. We love the hotel decor as well, we feel it really sets up apart from the rest. We are considered to be in "restaurant row" of Amarillo with many great choices to choose from and having the theatre next door is a great treat for our guests. I am sorry to hear about your pancakes, that is not acceptable and I will make sure proper changes are made so it doesn't happen again. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last weekend and enjoyed every minute of my stay. From the complimentary breakfast to hanging out by the fire pit on the patio for after dinner drinks, everything was terrific The hotel restaurant (Flame, I think it's the name) had great service and great food. I recommend staying at this hotel and I will be back when I go to Amarillo again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MikeStone1980

Thank you so much for your review. The patio area is the most unutilized area of the entire hotel, yet one of my favorites. The fire pit is a great feature, we just had a party a few weeks ago and we used it to make smores for the kids. It is great to hear you had a great stay and we hope to be your hotel of choice during you next business travel to Amarillo.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the HI going to and coming from the Fiesta Bowl. I believe it is the best budget hotel that I have ever stayed at. The "resort" has an indoor pool with slide, a sauna, a jacuzzi, and a small work out room. It has a complementary serviced breakfast. It has a small bar where you can watch the game. It has a restaurant. It has a lighted/magnified vanity mirror. It gives you the choice of soft or firm pillows. It has a mini frig. It is across the parking lot from an IMAX theater. The elevator is key activated; providing security only found in more expensive hotels. It even has a waterfall in the lobby area. What more do you want for $90?

There are two minor disappointments. The hotel is hard to get to being on one side of a one way road. So when your GPS says "make a U turn", you actually want to go two turns further up the road before executing the U turn. Just keep your eyes open and you will see what you need to do. The other disappointment was the room heating/cooling unit had only one speed; high. Being a new hotel, it was not loud. But light sleepers might want to take note.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kssylvester,

Thank you so much for the feedback!! It seems you were able to really take advantage of all of the features of the hotel. I am very jealous you went to the Fiesta Bowl, how exciting!! I am so glad we made a great impression on you during your trip. Those are some great pictures you posted. Thank you again and please come back and see us on your next trip through!!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed here Christmas Eve on our way to Arizona. Pleasantly surprised about everything. I was quoted a rate over the phone and they accepted it. I had the name of the employee who gave it tome. The room was the standard CLEAN King size bedroom. The work out room had standard equipment with lots of towels. All was working, clean and inviting. Even had a universal weight machine and a small area to stretch. Pool big enough for kids to splash around in. The restaurant served a great steak and went a step beyond when I asked for something other than fries. I got a decent sized salad. Very happy. I will have that again when we drive back home. And I only eat meat/steak a few times a year. The next morning we had a delicious hot buffet breakfast with fresh cut up fruit! The only reason for giving it 4 stars, was the workout room. If more than 4-5 people are in there, you would have to wait.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask any questions when booking a room. I like a quiet room away from other p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chayrl,

Thank you so much for the great review. It seemed you were able to enjoy almost every area of our hotel. The kids sure do seem to love our pool. I am very disappointed to see we couldn't get for fifth star, I am sorry the fitness center didn't meet your expectations. I would like you to know for your next visit that our hotel does offer a free membership to our local gym "Zach's Club 54" when you are a guest of the hotel. I have a couple of bodybuilders that stay with us often, they use our gym for cardio, but go to Zach's for free weights. Thank you again and hope you choose us again the next time you are passing through!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are from Austin and were visiting family over the holidays. We decided to stay here based on your previous reviews on Trip Advisor.We were impressed from the minute we walked in the door. We were warmly greeted by the staff at the front desk. They even had a goody bag waiting for us. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and tied in with the with the Western decor. We chose to enjoy a night at the hotel during our visit and we ate at the Flame restaurant. They had the best queso I think I've ever had and the sizzling fajitas were amazing. Our servers were friendly and attentive, this is great considering it was busy due to all of the holiday guests. Cody, the restaurant manager, came over to our table to check on us. After an intense conversation about football Cody brought us the richest dessert I've had in ages. My mouth still waters thinking about that Tres Leches cake. Breakfast was very busy and chaotic due to the volume, however the quality of the hot, fresh food surpassed my expectations of dry cereal or stale bagels that I'm accustomed to. We were hoping to enjoy the pool after checking it out, however due to time constraints we were unable to,however we definitely make time on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WOW.. What a great review John R!! Thank you so much and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our Flame restaurant and glad you did as well. The tres leches cake is amazing, by far our regular's favorite! Thanks again and we hope to be your hotel of choice next visit!!
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

we enjoyed one night in this hotel in December 2012 on our way back from New Orleans. While it is new and situated in something of a wasteland it is warm and friendly inside and the rooms are good. We are upgraded to a suite as priority club members. The hotel seemed well patronised and the rooms and amenities were fine. One caveat on our experience. Coming down to breakfast at about 7.30 we found no fruit at all and very little else. The coffee was very weak and bno one was present attending to the food supply. So our experience was marred by the awful breakfast - maybe get a new contractor for this ! With so many motels and hotels around this price point what distinguishes them is often the quality of the breakfast. We have always stayed in Hampton Inns where the food is excellent and well tended - so this was a disappoinment.

Room Tip: elevator is very slow but i think all rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denis B,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. It is how we better ourselves for our future guests. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, but very disappointed to hear about breakfast! We take a lot of pride in having a great value in our breakfast! Amarillo as a city went through staffing issues due to an outburst of people catching the flu. This is a matter that we of course took very seriously in the restaurant area. I am not trying to make excuses, but is something we unfortunately had to deal with at our guests costs. I am very sorry that standards weren't met, but assure you breakfast will be back to your standards on your next stay. Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center? Share your experiences!