“Best budget hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Best budget hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the HI going to and coming from the Fiesta Bowl. I believe it is the best budget hotel that I have ever stayed at. The "resort" has an indoor pool with slide, a sauna, a jacuzzi, and a small work out room. It has a complementary serviced breakfast. It has a small bar where you can watch the game. It has a restaurant. It has a lighted/magnified vanity mirror. It gives you the choice of soft or firm pillows. It has a mini frig. It is across the parking lot from an IMAX theater. The elevator is key activated; providing security only found in more expensive hotels. It even has a waterfall in the lobby area. What more do you want for $90?

There are two minor disappointments. The hotel is hard to get to being on one side of a one way road. So when your GPS says "make a U turn", you actually want to go two turns further up the road before executing the U turn. Just keep your eyes open and you will see what you need to do. The other disappointment was the room heating/cooling unit had only one speed; high. Being a new hotel, it was not loud. But light sleepers might want to take note.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Kssylvester,

Thank you so much for the feedback!! It seems you were able to really take advantage of all of the features of the hotel. I am very jealous you went to the Fiesta Bowl, how exciting!! I am so glad we made a great impression on you during your trip. Those are some great pictures you posted. Thank you again and please come back and see us on your next trip through!!

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed here Christmas Eve on our way to Arizona. Pleasantly surprised about everything. I was quoted a rate over the phone and they accepted it. I had the name of the employee who gave it tome. The room was the standard CLEAN King size bedroom. The work out room had standard equipment with lots of towels. All was working, clean and inviting. Even had a universal weight machine and a small area to stretch. Pool big enough for kids to splash around in. The restaurant served a great steak and went a step beyond when I asked for something other than fries. I got a decent sized salad. Very happy. I will have that again when we drive back home. And I only eat meat/steak a few times a year. The next morning we had a delicious hot buffet breakfast with fresh cut up fruit! The only reason for giving it 4 stars, was the workout room. If more than 4-5 people are in there, you would have to wait.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask any questions when booking a room. I like a quiet room away from other p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chayrl,

Thank you so much for the great review. It seemed you were able to enjoy almost every area of our hotel. The kids sure do seem to love our pool. I am very disappointed to see we couldn't get for fifth star, I am sorry the fitness center didn't meet your expectations. I would like you to know for your next visit that our hotel does offer a free membership to our local gym "Zach's Club 54" when you are a guest of the hotel. I have a couple of bodybuilders that stay with us often, they use our gym for cardio, but go to Zach's for free weights. Thank you again and hope you choose us again the next time you are passing through!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are from Austin and were visiting family over the holidays. We decided to stay here based on your previous reviews on Trip Advisor.We were impressed from the minute we walked in the door. We were warmly greeted by the staff at the front desk. They even had a goody bag waiting for us. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and tied in with the with the Western decor. We chose to enjoy a night at the hotel during our visit and we ate at the Flame restaurant. They had the best queso I think I've ever had and the sizzling fajitas were amazing. Our servers were friendly and attentive, this is great considering it was busy due to all of the holiday guests. Cody, the restaurant manager, came over to our table to check on us. After an intense conversation about football Cody brought us the richest dessert I've had in ages. My mouth still waters thinking about that Tres Leches cake. Breakfast was very busy and chaotic due to the volume, however the quality of the hot, fresh food surpassed my expectations of dry cereal or stale bagels that I'm accustomed to. We were hoping to enjoy the pool after checking it out, however due to time constraints we were unable to,however we definitely make time on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WOW.. What a great review John R!! Thank you so much and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our Flame restaurant and glad you did as well. The tres leches cake is amazing, by far our regular's favorite! Thanks again and we hope to be your hotel of choice next visit!!
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

we enjoyed one night in this hotel in December 2012 on our way back from New Orleans. While it is new and situated in something of a wasteland it is warm and friendly inside and the rooms are good. We are upgraded to a suite as priority club members. The hotel seemed well patronised and the rooms and amenities were fine. One caveat on our experience. Coming down to breakfast at about 7.30 we found no fruit at all and very little else. The coffee was very weak and bno one was present attending to the food supply. So our experience was marred by the awful breakfast - maybe get a new contractor for this ! With so many motels and hotels around this price point what distinguishes them is often the quality of the breakfast. We have always stayed in Hampton Inns where the food is excellent and well tended - so this was a disappoinment.

Room Tip: elevator is very slow but i think all rooms are good
Denis B,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. It is how we better ourselves for our future guests. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, but very disappointed to hear about breakfast! We take a lot of pride in having a great value in our breakfast! Amarillo as a city went through staffing issues due to an outburst of people catching the flu. This is a matter that we of course took very seriously in the restaurant area. I am not trying to make excuses, but is something we unfortunately had to deal with at our guests costs. I am very sorry that standards weren't met, but assure you breakfast will be back to your standards on your next stay. Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Denver Co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was on my way to San Antonio and mistakenly booked the wrong Holiday Inn, I had wanted the one across the street, only I didn't realize this until I checked in. The person at the front desk was very pleasant on check in. I asked the age of the hotel and she said it opened a few months before the HIE across the street so rather than switch I decided to stay, that was a mistake. When I opened the door to the room my first impression was one of disbelief. The first thing I noticed was the dark stained wood on the doors and anywhere visible, were nicked and skinned as if this place was much, much older. Then there was the cleanliness factor, it wasn't. It was dusty, especially on top of the radio but the kicker was the light switch in the bathroom had something orange on it, which I wiped off with a tissue. Fingerprints on the glass surfaces. I called and asked for a new room, I mean really, I will tolerate some things but cleanliness is not one I will overlook. The clerk came up right away with a new key and a different attitude, not rude but not very friendly. When I mentioned the dust she said "Amarillo is a dusty town, we could dust all day and it would look the same". Ummm, strange because the new room was not dusty. Breakfast the next morning was horrible. It should be the usual Holiday Inn fare which isn't too bad but for some reason the eggs were definitely horrible. How can you ruin eggs that are basically the same at every Holiday Inn? BTW there are just a few handicap parking spots if you need that service. Overall, I would not recommend this particular Holiday Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear aquarius44,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you had with your room accommodations, the poor service received and the breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice amenities, very clean, friendly staff, great decor, and great management....just can't go wrong here! If you are looking for a nice hotel, then you should definitely choose this Holiday Inn in Amarillo!

• Stayed January 2013
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Redsweata - Thank you so much for the Great Review!! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we definitely look forward to serving you again while in Amarillo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our annual stopover in Amarillo en route to skiing. No more surfing for a hotel--this one's a keeper! Why? 1) Supremely comfortable bedding 2) Friendly and attentive service, both at the front desk and at breakfast; 3) clean room with very nice finishes, especially for the price. This stay exceeded my expectations and we will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laura_from_Austin - Thank you so much for the Awesome Review!!! We have definitely had a ton of ski traffic the last two weeks. I am very happy that you received exceptional service during your stay and we can not wait to serve you and your family again!!

Been to Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center? Share your experiences!