“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel and our room. We stayed in the King rooms on level 4 and found the room clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a "pillow menu" which I found brilliant as tend to be fussy with pillows.
I was definitely impressed when. Unlocked the door and looked in and I would definitely stay here again. My only minor complaints were that housekeeping start banging on your door at about 9:45am and as we were sleeping and didn't respond to the knocking they barged into our room and quickly left when they realized we were still in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
ashleajade - Thank you so much for the great review!!! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and really enjoyed the room. I will definitely talk with housekeeping and let them know about your concern. There is also an electronic "Do Not Disturb" that may also be utilized to eliminate any disruption prior to check out. Thank you for staying with us and being our guest. We truly appreciate having you!!

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family had a wonderful stay here a couple of weekends ago. We found the Flame Mexican Bistro superb and got the chance to meet a manager by the name of Cody who helped out my daughter to find a friendly lifeguard (and slide!) and took care of me by getting college football up on the big screen. The shuttle to the airport was just perfect and we'll be back next time we visit the west texas side of the family. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shingofett - Thank you for the Awesome review!! We really appreciate you staying with our hotel. Cody is definitely very friendly and I am glad we were able to locate the game. Flame Mexican Bistro is definitely a great place to meet family and friends and the happy hour in the bar is always popular. Take care and we hope to see you again soon!
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is one of many hotels we have stayed at in our Route 66 journey and it is one of the best. The staff at the reception, bar, and restaurant were very friendly and efficient. The room was very clean and comfortable. Excellent wifi. Great Happy Hour too! IMAX movie theatre very close by.

Room Tip: The people staying above us were very heavy walkers and "thumped" on the ceiling so I woul...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DohaLandcruiser - Thank you for the GREAT Review!! I am excited you were able to travel the Historic Route 66. It's a big draw for our area. Thank you for kind words of the hotel and the WIFI. The IMAX theater is amazing...though I am always at work and don't get to see many movies. We hope to see you again soon!!
Plainview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I decided to stay here because it scored #1 on Tripadvisor. I can say I was not disappointed!! After staying at the hospital for 2 days with my husband who had surgery, I was looking for somewhere nice to relax and sleep. From the moment I walked in, Joel greeted me and made we feel so welcome! I had requested a king room, but do to an internet malfunction, all they had left were dbl queen. No problem at all. Received a complimentary bottle of Dasani water and headed to the elevator. The decor and cleanliness in this hotel is unbelievable!! Upon entering the elevator, I encountered a security feature I had never seen before~ you must use your room key in the elevator before it will go up. What an ingenious idea!! The room (207) is fabulous! The beds are high off the ground and the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel. Comfortable and clean are always a good thing and this hotel do not disappoint!! There is a microwave and fridge in the room and I love this feature! The one and only disappointment is while the bathroom is lovely, it is a little small. And finally, breakfast. Wonderful hot breakfast~ 2 kinds of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit bowls and cereals. They scored extra points with me by having real homemade hot sauce for my eggs and fresh brewed iced tea for my caffeine addiction. I actually went back down from my room before they closed for more tea~ it was that good! The staff are super friendly and accommodating. So~ if you are in the Amarillo area and need a super place to stay~ this is your home away from home~~~ Bravo to the owners and staff!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hagensmom70 - WOW!!! What a review!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. My wife is an avid tea drinker too. One drink and I can tell by her face if it's a great glass of iced tea or not. We actually make the salsa homemade right here in our restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back!!
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I book hotel rooms for many of my employees who stay in Amarillo due to work at the Pantex Plant. Now I have a new place to steer them to, and I have already told one of them to change where he stays because of my great visit. We stayed at the Holiday Inn this last weekend, it was a wonderful experience. The first night we got there, a local energy company was having a corporate party. We went up to our floor and due to the security of the elevator (your key only works on your floor, no other), we didn't have drunk strangers wandering the hall. We also could NOT hear the party at all and it was pretty hoppin'. Microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge; all wonderful to have. Extra magnifying mirror in the bathroom made makeup application a breeze. Comfortable beds with your choice of firm or soft pillows (however once removing the sash label, we couldn't tell the difference in pillows). Blackout curtains that work well, even on the East side of the building. If I had to find a negative, it wasn't with the room or the wonderful front desk staff. For breakfast we were given coupons. We went down and had to wait to be seated, it wasn't first come first serve. The two wait guys were very inconsistent. We wound up grabbing a place setting from another table. Both mornings they didn't refill the drinks consistently, had to go get our own beverages when we wanted refills. Still left them a tip but truly did not feel that it was a worthwhile earning but more of a pity tip. The guys were nice but just couldn't keep up with the volume of people going in and out on both mornings. The breakfast food - was superb; go for the breakfast alone, or the room and its' amenities!

Room Tip: 4th floor has great views and are very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
midnitesun3 - WOW!!! Thank you so much for the review!!! We really appreciate you sending all of your business our way. We will definitely take great care of them!! The hotel also has my cell phone number at the front desk. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I would love to talk to you about your hotel business in Amarillo. I would call you, but Tripadvisor doesn't allow us to have any of your information. Thank you again for the review!!! I am working on your breakfast experience as we speak. Thank you again!!!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We came to Amarillo from Houston to visit family and heard this was a great hotel. So we gave the place a shot and the stay was GREAT! Our rate was very fair considering the wonderful breakfast and the most relaxing pool area included in the price. An added bonus was we were given free admission to Zach Thomas' gym, my husband and I are bodybuilders so this was a great surprise. The hotel has a nice gym there, but just not the free weights we need to get our full work out. We made it back in time for happy hour and my husband was ready for a beer, Christy was very sweet and the hotel manager was in there buying drinks for the regulars, he chatted with us for a while and bought us our first round . That is service most places have don't have anymore. The beds were so comfy and I loved the fact they have a fog free mirror in the room. This is by far the best hotel in Amarillo, it is more like something I would expect in Houston. Thanks Holiday Inn, we will be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
poppy7579 - Thank you for the AWESOME review!!! Zach Thomas's gym is definitely perfect for our workout "elite". I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and definitely enjoyed your workouts. Please come again soon!! We will be waiting. Thank you again!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My two college aged sons made their frist solo drive across the country to their colleges in CA and stopped in Amarillo for the night on their way. Before they arrived, I spoke with Alyssa in Sales to take care of the bill (and told her of my worries about their drive). Alyssa took a personal interest in my boys, assuring me they would be taken care of while at the hotel. When they arrived, there was a snack bag and a note from the manager in their room. Everyone was so kind to them and Alyssa even let me know by email when they checked out. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel and how they treated me and my boys. I hope to travel to Amarillo at some point to personally thank the staff and especially Alyssa.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Horns1114 - Thank you for such an Awesome review!! Alyssa is spectacular and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. I am glad your boys made it to college okay. We would be very excited to have you visit our hotel and meet our staff. Hope to see you again soon!!

Been to Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center? Share your experiences!