“was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Portage, Michigan, United States
“was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

seemed brand new. very modern, excellent decor. comfortable bed. very well worth the money!! best holiday inn stay i have had by far!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
LissaD_12 - Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate the comment that this has been the best Holiday Inn experience you have had by far!! Please spread the word and we hope to see you again real soon!!! It was a pleasure having you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

On a trip back to Amarillo to visit family, we were surprised when planning to see so many new hotels. We chose Holiday Inn because we are Priority Club members and it boasted that it had many of the things we were looking for in place to stay for the family. Amenities included a heated pool with a water slide, breakfast buffet and a full-service restaurant. Although we never tried the restaurant, the pool was a lot of fun (pay attention to the water slide hours though, before planning a trip to the pool) and the breakfast was made superb by the attentive staff.

The best thing thing though was the rooms were new, clean and very spacious. They featured the freshest, modern decor details. (Check out the great mirror in the bathroom and the pull-out desk.). The only drawback I found was the beds are not, in my opinion, as comfortable as those in the similarly priced Hampton or Marriott properties.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Mellowtraveler_423 - Thank you so much for the review. I am so happy that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our breakfast and our staff, so I am pleased to hear of your experience. I apologize about the comfort of your mattress. They are a Sealy Pillowtop with an added quilted mattress pad. Please let me know which guest room that you have stayed and I will double check to make sure all is perfect. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you and your family real soon!!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel and we picked it based on tripadvisor reviews. We were extremely pleased with the facility and staff. The rooms are very nice, comparable with higher end hotels we generally frequent. The front desk employees were extremely helpful and friendly. This experience will certainly make us look at Holiday Inns for future travel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dawsonmom - Thank you so much for the GREAT Review!!! I hear that a lot about us comparing to high end hotels. We work very hard to have the friendliest staff and best customer service. I am very excited you received this from our hotel. We will pleasantly wait to have you return real soon. Thank you again for the review.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel for over 6 weeks. The staff is great at providing very good customer service and is ready to accommodate the needs of their guests. The hotel's restaurant is good and offers a variety of meal options. Rooms are nice. Meeting rooms are nice. I had a very good experience. Since I've now relocated to Amarillo, I still use the hotel's banquet rooms for business meetings and other work related functions. Will continue to bring my business here!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JDWorldwide - Thank you so much for the review!! I am glad that we gave you excellent service and consistently accomplished that for your long stay!! I am very excited that you will continually use us for your meetings and other business here in Amarillo. Hope to see you again soon!
The Woodlands, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family, composed of 2 boys aged 6 and 11, my husband and myself, stayed in this hotel for one night on our way to Estes Park in Colorado. We arrived late at night on Christmas Day 2011, tired and hungry. The check-in process was efficient and we were delighted that the hotel restaurant was still open. Since it was Christmas Day, there was only one person working the floor of the restaurant, and bless her soul, she did her best to give the best service she could. The room we occupied had two big beds, a microwave and a ref. The room and the bathroom were very clean. The bath even had Bath & Body Works shampoo and lotion. :) We enjoyed our stay so much that on our way back to Texas from CO, we made this hotel our rest stop again. For sure, if we ever find ourselves going back to CO, we will be staying at Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Woodlandfairy - Thank you so much for the review. I am glad that you stayed with us twice on your trip to Colorado. I am sure traveling Christmas Day was a bear!! We had a white Christmas here in Amarillo and I was amazed how many people have never seen snow. I am glad you received great service on your stay. Please come back soon and thank you again for the nice review.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed here three nights for a conference last week. The staff was very good about getting breakfast ready by 5:30 as we had an early start each day. Box lunches were decent. Lobby is OK, needs some seating. Bar has a great open plan, blending into lobby and restaurant. Had one dinner in hotel restaurant - would be happy to eat there again. Good menu choices. The hotel is also surrounded by a vast array of restaurants.
Rooms are attractively furnished, if a bit tight. Comfortable mattresses and sufficiently warm bedding. The beds are pretty high off the ground- seems like that's a trend these days!
Be aware that there is a Holiday Inn *Express* only a few hundred feet away - easy to get confused. Doesn't appear to be a gas station nearby; we had to drive at least a mile or two to find one.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Autrevie - it is so great to have you as our guest. We were very excited to host the Texas Ornithology conference and I was very happy with all the great comments on the meeting and banquet food. I'm understanding that your Saturday night event was excellent and it was one of the best meetings in recent years. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and our comfy mattresses. You guys were up early every day and opening the restaurant early was a must!! I know it's confusing with the Holiday Inn Express across the street, but I am glad you guys found us and thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Amarillo.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

stayed one night and utilized conference facility for meeting next day. Really nice room, staff very friendly and attentive, great stay overall!

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
tsgc2008 - I am glad that your meeting went well!! We strive to ensure our staff is very friendly and attentive and we appreciate your review of our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again really soon!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center? Share your experiences!