“Incredible steaks and friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Incredible steaks and friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We both had one of the best steaks of our lives here. Usually I do not like steaks from restaurants, because I prefer my own cooking. This is one exception. The wait staff we had was also excellent. If you are ever in the Amarillo area, and like top quality steak, you need to stop here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minneapolis
“Who knew a lunch size Chicken Fried Steak was so BIG?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While staying at the Holiday Inn West Medical, a number of our group walked over to the Saltgrass for lunch.

Oh my! My lunch portion of their Chicken Fried Steak was almost the size of my plate, steak tender, batter, crispy and flavorful - along with a huge mound of the lightest french fried onions I've tasted in years!! Wish these restaurants were around where I live!!!

Visited September 2013
Stillwater, ok
“Drove all the way from Oklahoma for a good steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We recently bought a class a motorhome and just wanted to go for a little weekend cruise and decided to drive to Amarillo so we could go back to Saltgrass Steakhouse for a 2nd visit. Food and service is fantastic. The food is so good we drove all the way from Stillwater, Ok. and spent over $400 in fuel. That should tell ya something. The bread they give you is as good as the steak. Makin' my mouth water just thinking about it. Hmmmmm

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Branson, Missouri
“Great dinner after long day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Oh, how I wish I lived nearer one of these restaurants! At the end of a nine-hour drive, I stopped for a good steak in the panhandle of Texas. Saltgrass delivered, ten-fold.

Being a solo traveler, I know that some servers may be reluctant take a table-for-one, but my waiter was exceptional. I had the prime rib with sweet potato fries, and found myself in culinary heaven. Perfectly prepared, juicy, tender, and flavorful. I gladly took the remaining abundance on my plate in a to-go box so I could relive the savory goodness later.

The service was A+, and I rewarded accordingly (30%, I believe). Worth every penny.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Millbrook, Alabama
“Great Service - Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was there and it was crowded, but the service was excellent. Waitor made wonderful recommendations. Table of 5 and everyone enjoyed their meal. I was too full to try a big steak so ordered grilled shrimp - and it was the best I've ever tasted. Grilled, yet not over cooked, so can't say enough good about it. When back in Amarillo, will definately go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere