“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed one night on way to Colorado. We were impressed with hotel design and room which was well designed, modern and roomy. Also very clean and functional. We were on top floor with noisy air conditioner which resulted in poor sleep quality. We complained about the noise when we checked out and reception said they were aware of this problem. The Couryard Marriott breakfast /food model is impersonal and designed around cook to order selections from a Starbucks counter, so we avoid this "service" at all costs.

Room Tip: Not top floor to avoid possible noisy air cond.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel is amazing. I originally planned to stay one night. However, after seeing the room and receiving great service from the staff, I decided to stay an extra night. This location is near dining and entertainment. It is easily accessible from I-40.

This will be the only hotel I select for my parents when visiting me in Amarillo!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I actually chose Courtyard Marriott Downtown to hold my graduation party on May 13. I could not have asked for anything more. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is amazing! James at the front desk helped me with whatever I needed promptly and in the best way he possibly could. Jennifer who is in charge of the events was incredible. The rooms are beautiful and are a very affordable price. I would say a steal for such a great room. Right across the street from food and entertainment. I would recommend this to anybody who thought about choosing this hotel for their stay. I LOVED IT!

• Stayed May 2011
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I stayed here incidentally last week, and returned this week. The interior is brand new yet the lobby still has character.
The STAFF was AWESOME! My family and I watched an NBA game in the lobby and had our meal and drinks from the bistro/ bar. The guy at the front desk, along with the people in the bistro went above and beyond to make our stay fabulous.
I had hurt my knee, and when my husband asked the young man at the front desk for a bag, so we could get ice... He brought me an ice bag. Little things like that kept adding up.
I just can't say enough good about this place!
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Chose this hotel after reading some good reviews on this site, and maaan it completely lived up to what was written about it. Very imposing building-gorgeous actually. Marriott did an outstanding renovation job.

The rooms are enormous with 3 large windows overlooking the city. We loved the contrast of sunny and bright in the daytime, with the twinkling evening lights of the town.

The 42" flat screen TV had all the channels, great free internet service, roomy bath with lots of counterspace and good clean white towels. The entire property is spotless, including the rooms. We had a 2 queen bed room and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Unfortunately, they do have those 1-cup-at-a-time coffeemakers. That's a trend I would like to see go away.

Right across the street is a fabulous Mexican restaurant called Acupulco. The Pechuga Rellena is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

Would like to explore more of Amarillo and will most definitely go back and stay at this property.

My husband and I do a lot of cross country driving and we would say this is one of the best hotels on the road we've ever stayed in. And I think that at $104 per night plus tax, it's a bargain for the experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed it very much. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The extra large tv was a nice touch with actual HD channels.
I enjoyed the breakfast one morning and even though I had to pay for it, I didn't mind because it was fresh and cooked to order. Frankly, I'm tired of the chain hotel free "breakfast" of processed egg discs and packaged muffins.
This is a nice hotel with free covered parking. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Was a little leery of a downtown conversion for a Courtyard, but they've done a great job with it. Our room was large, well laid out, and very nicely done. The food service (deli-type meals, including breakfast, and a small bar) seems to be a nice touch, although we got in late and left the next morning without eating breakfast, so didn't actually try it out. Staff was very helpful in the evening when we arrived, a little disorganized in the morning, but we didn't have any significant trouble getting checked out. Room was very quiet, and we were there with a spring break crowd--just heard very little noise from the corridor, and none from adjoining rooms. Beautiful old building, easy access in and out, rooms equivalent to a more upscale brand--would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Amarillo Downtown? Share your experiences!