“This is one of the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Post Falls
“This is one of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hotel is easy to access and is one of the newest in town. It is elegant in every way from the front door the room. Is off the road enough to be very quiet, we never heard a thing. The room was not large but was beautiful with all new bedding and furniture. The bed was very comfortable with excellent pillow-top mattresses. Rooms have large 43" flat-screen TV's. Bathrooms are beautiful, with large full bath counters for spreading out your toiletries.
Beautiful indoor pool area/hot tub with exercise room next door. Pool was heated perfectly. We were on an upper floor but the elevator was centrally located. Everything was convenient.
Internet was fast and easy, staff was the friendliest anywhere! Very helpful and told us the best sites to see during our stay. We decided to stay 2 nights and drive out to see the canyon they have there. It's worth the drive.
Hotel is close to Chinese food, pizza hut (walking distance)...perfect location.
Large breakfast room off the lobby that is as beautiful as the rest of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast included everything: Eggs, sausage gravy, buscuits, juice, meat, rolls, waffles.
You won't be disappointed if you stay here. And, the price is excellent for what you get.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
oklahoma city, oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is a really nice, new hotel with friendly staff and good location.

The rooms are not huge, but have a mini fridge, comfortable beds and a nice bathroom and shower. The decor in the rooms (and the rest of the hotel) is very up-to-date.

The location is very good, there are plenty of places to eat nearby and is an easy place to get to. The parking was a little weird, but was well lit.

The breakfast is not exactly a full breakfast, I would call it an expanded continental breakfast. It had all the things you would expect fro a continental breakfast, plus a waffle maker and some eggs and sausage.

Overall, it is a really nice and clean place in a town that is crowded with Trucker Traffic and the ratty hotels that go with it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed here one night while passing through on vacation. We arrived late (10:30 p.m.) and were surprised with the comfortable beds and cleanliness. Easy check in and check out. Nice decor and excellent hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed many times in Amarillo passing through to other vacation destinations. I have been disappointed each time. FINALLY, there is a good place to stay in Amarillo! The hotel is NEW. Service is excellent. We were treated to a glass of wine on check in even though we were quite late. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY!
Finally, a good place to stay in Amarillo with good service and rates!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I always research hotels in advance before making reservations. I most often follow the advice of other travelers and check out the ratings and reviews. Based on my reserach I chose this hotel and I understand why this hotel has been rated #1. From the minnute I entered the building I was impressed. I can't remember staying at another hotel with better value. I'll be traveling to Amarillo several times in the next year or so and I have my mind made up where I am staying. The bed was perfect. Place is clean and the staff are real friendly and helpful. I didn't give location top marks, it is convenient from the highway but the surrounding area is congested. This did not persaude my decision to stay though. I felt the area is secure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

I agree this is one of the finest motels in which I have stayed. We arrived on a Tuesday late afternoon and were greeted by extremely friendly and well dressed receptionists. We were told that free appetizers and beverages (including wine and beer) were being served in an adjacent room. We had hot appetizers and alcoholic beverages. The room was small but very comfortable. The bed had a thick mattress which was very comfortable. Also, there was what had to be at least a 42" HDTV. In the bathroom was even a walk-in shower. The hot breakfast the next morning was also excellent. Across the parking lot is an Outback Restaurant which served us a very good dinner. We would not hesitate staying at this Sleep Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

In a town with few upscale or outstanding overnight options, this one fits the bill. Stayed here for 5 nights for work and overall nice, clean, cosy, and friendly. Jut opened last fall. Smallish rooms even when I opted for the King "suite," which includes a microwave and mini-fridge. Modern decor with large flat screen and up to date, plush beds. My room had a shower only, no bath. Pretty quiet and good soundproofing from what I could tell. Small exercise room and pool. Wifi in rooms but very slow. Only drawback was that the breakfast was inedible: dry powered eggs, watery coffee and the like. But the staff and accommodations more than made up for that. Lots of restaurants right around the area (tip: head across I-40 and a few blocks west on the frontage road to the Country Barn for great steaks). Cavenders Boot City is close by too for shopping. I would recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!