“Real surprise in Amarillo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Rogersville, Missouri
“Real surprise in Amarillo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is a real surprise. This was our 2nd nite of our 3 week road trip. The decor in the lobby is very upscale. There were snacks, sodas and even beer in the evening. Great breakfast with sausage and eggs. I reserved the room far in advance and got a great price! I would definitely stay here again. Note this is the Sleep Inn west. Careful when using map quest as it may send you awry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. The Sleep Inn and Suites team works hard to make sure all our guests leave happy. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again soon. Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Whitefish, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Holy buckets, this place is AWESOME. Beautiful decor, comfy beds, LOTS of pillows, clean room, strong wifi, fabulous service, and great value. The breakfast was fantastic...eggs, sausage, gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, and so many more choices. SO glad my friend and I chose to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our Sleep Inn and Suites. There is nothing we work harder for than to have all our guests rave about us. Our goal is not just a satisfied customer but a raving fan. Thank you for staying with us and safe travels.
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Not a thing to complain about - comfortable beds, clean room, friendly staff, adequate breakfast (the eggs were not to my liking but can't complain about the biscuit and gravy, sausage). Friendly front desk staff. Good pricing - many far more expensive rooms out there with no better service or facility. Would stay here again if ever in Amarillo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We want all our guests to have a great experience. I am so glad that we were able to provide that good experience to you. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again soon. Safe Travels.
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked her vs where I usually stay in Amarillo bc of the boastful reviews read on this site, boy was I wrong. We booked through choice privileges and I soon realized they booked the wrong type of room for us, which that choice privileges fault not the hotel, but when we tried to change our reservation we were given the run around.The hotel said they couldn't change it and Choice said they couldn't change it...so we eventually had to have choice call the hotel to get it changed...and we were actually trying to get a jacuzzi suite compared to the regular room we were booked by mistake! Sorta felt like I was having to beg them to take my money in a sense! They got that fixed but I ended up having to pay tax twice. The room I booked through choice originally, had already been calculated with tax, when I upgraded my room tax was then calculated again for the entire new rate...pretty annoying, and when i told the desk clerk Becky, she said I was wrong and I only paid tax once which was incorrect. Lets move on to the Hotel though. Carpets seemed dingy throughout the hotel, beds were lumpy and somewhat hard, the hall ways are EXTREMELY narrow, our "Jacuzzi Suite" was very sub-par for a $149.99 per night room. Blankets on the bed were worn, The caulking that sealed the edges of the jacuzzi were lifting where there was a gap that water seeped into the walls all around it. GROSS. Walls all around the Jacuzzi were dirty! Walls in the hotel and rooms were dirty!! I just felt like what should have been a relaxing experience in a jacuzzi suite turned into us debating on whether or not to even get in it bc the whole place just seemed DIRTY!!!!!!!! Breakfast was average, definitely avoid the eggs and sausage gravy though. Have to say the cleanest part of this hotel was the Pool area, but be careful the tile surrounding it is EXTREMELY SLICK and they are very generous with the CHLORINE! I wouldn't stay here again if I had a gun held to my head. Much better choices for the money in Amarillo!

Room Tip: Comfort Suites in Western Plaza is wonderful and you can find great rates on Kayak! Great value!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am so sorry that your experience with the Sleep Inn and Suites was not what you wanted. I did credit back your account to the original rate you booked. I checked your bill and there was no double charge for tax. You were charged a larger tax amount due to a higher rate but not double charged. Either way that has been corrected and credited back to your card. I will have my maintenance engineer go through the room you were in because what you describe is not at all the normal experience for our hotel. As for the pool I am surprised you noticed any chlorine since we have a salt water pool. That is something I will also have checked. We want nothing more than to have all our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with the experience that we try to deliver each and every time. Safe Travels and we would love the chance to impress you in the future.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great place that is new and clean. Great breakfast and handy location. Right on the access road for I-40 and easy in and out. Mall is at the same exit. Stay and you wont be disspaointed. Also check out Palo Duro canyon and/or the AQHA museum...both are must see.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to see positive reviews about our hotel. All comments are important to us. Safe Travels.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The room we had was very clean (except for shower head) with super nice furniture but it was way oversized for the small room, making room seem cramped. Bed was ultra-comfortable. Indoor pool and hot tub also were clean and enjoyable, but beware of the slick tile around them. Front desk staff is exceptionally good at their jobs. Great customer service! Worst thing about the stay was it was very noisy due to thin walls. Also, free hot breakfast was so-so.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 106, which is near the ground-floor pool/hot tub. Might be quieter farther from th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We hope that all our guests have a great and positive experience. We wish you safe travels in 2014.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had trouble with our GPS finding the Motel, but once we arrived we had a good stay. Located next to the Outback, used there address, (Outback) to find the Sleep Inn. The wind was a blowing but we did not notice it in our room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and it's online reputation. Thank you for helping us continue to do that. I look forward to see you in our hotel again. Safe Travels.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!