“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
asheville, north carolina
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was everything one could want in a budget stop along the interstate. The room was very clean and well designed, albeit a bit small. The service was excellent. There were several good restaurant choices nearby. The equipment in the fitness center actually worked, a rare occurrence in my experience. The breakfast was OK, but quite crowded and a bit hectic. Things were running out quicker than they could be replaced.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the side away from I 40.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. We are always very aware of our guest experience and are always looking for points where we can improve. Thank you for being our guest and I hope that we will have the chance to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently. Hotel was full so I was put in 301, a handicapped accessible room. Everything was great except the bathroom, but it was bad enough to negate everything else. Small sink area with no counter space. The shower is designed to allow a roll in wheelchair. To accomplish that they hang a shower curtain with no other water retention device. This results in water flowing over the ENTIRE bathroom floor. There was no way to avoid this. Fortunately they provided 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and a bath mat that could be used for cleanup.

Stay at this hotel unless they assign you a handicap room. If they do, sleep in your car!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you so much for your comments about your stay. Without your comments we cannot hope to improve on every aspect of our hotel. I hope that you will give us the chance to serve you again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Check in was quick, efficient and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Refrigerator was larger than normal. Restaurants were close. No train noise. The value was great. But the best thing was the large walk in shower. This is the first hotel I have stayed in with a walk in shower. Not having to navigate climbing in a tub was great! We will definitely stay here again our next time in Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone on trip advisor as well. We always want our guests to leave not just satisfied but Raving Fans! I hope that we have the chance to serve you again.
Richmond, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We visited several hotels in the area and after seeing the rooms and prices decided that this was the best pick. Check-in was easy, breakfast was great, rooms were clean. Pool was a little crowded, so we didn't make it down to swim. Overall, I was happy with my choice. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would take the time to write a review. I look forward to having a chance to have you with us again in the future!
Saginaw, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The rooms were nice and comfortable and passed my wife's Bed Bug Registry qualifications, but there were alot of small issues that would probably prevent me from staying there again if I were traveling with my family.

#1 There was a indoor pool, but it was so cold to the point that it was unbearable for me to stay in it for more than about 5 minutes. After about 2 minutes, my 2 y.o.'s lips were turning blue because he was so cold. My BIGGEST complaint about the pool was that it was completely surrounded with ceramic tile from water's edge to the entry door....and it was slick, very slick to the point the it made me uncomfortable to walk on it for fear of falling. I wouldn't even dare let my child walk on it either because he would fall for sure. I would have to rate this as a big fat failing grade.

#2 The morning breakfast was so, so. This hotel is suppose to have a 3 diamond rating by AAA, but the plates were styrofoam and all the utensils were plastic. I have stayed in lesser priced places where you at least got a real plate, cup, knife, fork and spoon.

Don't get me wrong...the hotel was clean, everybody was very nice and helpful and if I was traveling without my family, all of the above probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but after 10 hours in the car with my wife and two kids...I just wish the issue of the pool wasnt an issue. I work at a hospital and we treat alot of people who slip and fall and walk out of the ER with a cast, and this in my opinion is definately a hazzard, so at least take precautions by wearing aqua shoes or something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry that we were not able to meet all your needs. We strive with each guest to have you completely satisfied. Our hotel pool is heated so I do not know why it would have been cold. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with that aspect of your that stay. It is unfortunate our foam plates and plastic utensils would affect your positive view of your hotel. We just do not have the room to properly take care of real plates etc. If we did we would have them. I hope that you will give us another try if you are ever back in Amarillo. We would love to have a second chance to impress you more! Thank you for staying with us.
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Everything about this hotel was fine. The rooms were immaculate and the staff was extremely helpful, especially Micah. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we encountered on our trip. The location
is near a mall and several good restaurants including an Outback next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
My team takes great pride in the quality of our hotel. Thank you so much for your great comment about Micah who is one many stars on my team. I am so glad that you liked our breakfast also. We look forward to seeing you again with us in the future.
Highlands Ranch, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I accidentally booked my room for the wrong night and realized it the day I was traveling. I called the manager, Trevor, and he was able to set it right. I don't think all hotels would be so understanding. The room was great, the bed comfortable, and a great breakfast the next day! Also, it is within walking distance of an Outback. A perfect stop on your road trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I am so glad that we were able to make a little mix up much better. We look forward to having you back with us again in the future. Thank you so much for your review!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!