“Wonderful Suprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful Suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Sleep Inn on our trip to Dallas. Kudos to Sam and DJ who was there to check us in...They were the best. They printed out maps for us to easily get to the destinations that we wanted to visit while in Amarillo. The rooms were nice and clean and I am a very picky hotelier. I don't like to stay in older run down hotels. I can't say enough about how nice this place was...there was even an indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was wonderful. I would certainly stay here again if I ever went back to the Amarillo area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mashpee, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Happy we chose this hotel near the hospitals in Amarillo. Smartly decorated, bedding new, very clean,breakfast good enough, near restaurants and it was a very resonable rate.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

There is no doubt abou it, this was one of the best places that we stayed while traveling to see family during an 1800 mile trip.
Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated, and the shower had a unique, innovative design. I-net connection was good, which is much appreciated while trying to stay current while you're on the road.
Breakfast had plenty of offerings, some hot, and the breakfast room was spacious and inviting.
The hotel does seem to be designed with the business traveler in mind, as the colors and decor seemed more business-like, as opposed to casual/restful of other hotels, and the bathroom did not have a tub, which may be a detriment if you're traveling with smaller children.
One complaint that I have is that I requested a room away from the elevator and vending machines, and we were placed right across from the elevator. This made for a rather noisy night as people were conversing loudly when getting off the elevator, and the sound filtered directly into our room. Yes, I could've gone back down to the desk and asked to be moved, but when you arrive at 9:30 to your location after a 14 hour drive, you're a bit too tired to go through that process, and you hope for the best. Obviously, that wasn't the best decision.
Overall a good hotel, easy on, easy off, and in an area with PLENTY of restaurants. This is our second Sleep Inn of our trip, and we will definitely be seeking out this chain in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband was traveling to Amarillo, Tx. because of a medical problem with my father inlaw. When I called I was given a great rate. I asked to be on the ground floor close to the door so we could come and go making the least amount of noise. Everything that we asked for was for us and more. One staff member asked if they could they put some pastry and Yogart in our mini frig. so we could have a snack. And one staff member asked if they could make any calls to make are stay easier. These people keep our room so clean you could eat off the floor. it was a very stressful time for us and they went way above too take care of us.

Room Tip: Tell the desk help why you are staying in amarilo
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Booker, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have to say, I had the best stay ever. I Travel all the time through the United States and I have never stayed at a more clean, friendly, beautiful hotel. I give a million thumbs up to the staff and there Manager. They made it fun and entertaining! DJ was amazing, He really showed us what Texas Hospitality is all about!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We were so pleased with the value and newness of this Sleep Inn that we stayed on our way going back! We didn't have any problems with the service like some have mentioned. In fact, when I asked for a remote control for the fitness center, they said it was locked in the manager's office (2x) but went out of their way to get a different one out of a room and brought it in to me.

So many hotels have slow internet, but this was great for us. The rooms were a little tight but modern and clean. Breakfast was a little overrated by their own marketing but pretty typical of a hotel's continental breakfast none the less. The weekday hor dourves were wiped out by the time we arrived at 6:45pm but consisted of regular soda, beer, burgers, & rattlesnake bites from a nearby restaurant - that was it. Not quite as diverse as some other hotel chains but not advertised as "dinner" either. I'd definitely stay here again in Amarillo. It's a nice place for a great value!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We chose this hotel based on T.A. reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is very nicely decorated (modern) with amenities not expected in a hotel in this price range (indoor pool and hot tub, gym). The rooms are nice and quiet and very clean.
A couple of reviews dissed the front desk staff and I must admit they need to go to charm school-they might fit in with a big city hotel, but their attitudes don't fit well with a down home, friendly town like Amarillo. The morning we left, the front desk person was left to maintain the breakfast, he was clearly left with too much to do.
Would also recommend including MSNBC in channel line up for balance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!