“Overpriced and lack of good service” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Amarillo West
2103 Lakeview Dr, I-40 @ exit 68-A, Amarillo, TX 79109   |
Ranked #36 of 67 Hotels in Amarillo
San Diego
“Overpriced and lack of good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We are moving cross country and staying at Super 8's the whole way - they all have been fine, we don't expect much. This is the only one I wouldn't recommend. The rooms are overpriced because they are "suites" - we don't need those extras or the added cost. We also chose Super 8 because of the free breakfast. This particular one offers it from 6-9am... we got there before 9 and the young man had cleaned everything and closed the room off. Would not even let us grab cereal or a pastry. Now we have to pay extra to get breakfast somewhere else. Had I known I would be spending so much money, I would have been able to stay at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Van, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

In the past, I have stayed at Super 8's but this one tops them all. I know better than to stay at one unless it states "Pride of Super 8"...keyword "Pride". This one is your bare minimum stay room. It may be set up as a suite, but not near cleanliness, comfort, nor quality. I normally stay in Marriott hotels or Hilton chain, but we chose this one Super 8, since I have stayed at them in the past.

First off, the rate of $100 tax and all for the night was not near compensation on the room received. Wallpaper trimming coming off, beds flat as heck and uncomfortable (woke up with a severe back ache), pillows no cushion (flat as all get out), window locks (one broke), TV's outdated and signal stunk on several channels.... I can go on and on.

Secondly, breakfast was a joke. Did not eat any nor did any of the other in my party. They went down to check it out and one stated the cereal in the containers looked like they never have been updated and old, coffee available smelled and looked like crud. After reading a review posted before mine, using the same cup again for something else by the breakfast crew is absolutely gross and unsanitary.... to say the least.

One final observance, seeing Motel 6 next door and the fence line not complete, several people were parking over at this location and walking to Motel 6. I definitely did not feel secure at this location.

These people apparently believe that by simply setting these rooms up like suites they can charge a fortune and currently get by doing so. More people need to comment and rate this place and spread the word not to stay here, unless you are absolutely DESPERATE!! I think when anyone goes to pay for a hotel, should be able to look at the room before paying so we can judge where our hard earned money goes!!

Definitely will NOT be back nor stay at another Super 8 unless I had too and it would have to display "Pride of Super 8" before I do or anyone else in my party.

Room Tip: Chose another motel/hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The room was clean but the lights in the bedroom did not work, At that time it was late and I did not care but some people may find it unacceptable. Also, there is only basic cable; even though there is an HBO brochure on the side of the TV.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Covina, Ca, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Arrived late in the evening, efficient check-in, friendly desk-person. Room was actually a suite (I was told they all are). Nice! Room and entire facility was clean and in good repair. Breakfast was adequate; not outstanding.
Good value, good staff! If we are in the area again, we will stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Amarillo West? Share your experiences!